chirps second - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
chirps second
Thursday, March 23, 2006 11:13 PM
my 2.4 auto chirps second gear when i shift it manually, seems kinda weird for an auto.. do they all do it?

Re: chirps second
Friday, March 24, 2006 9:07 AM
Actually that chirp you hear isn't the tires, its the valves in the tranny releasing pressure. VERY bad for the tranny.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, March 24, 2006 9:11 AM
lol... if you want a stick, buy a stick.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Friday, March 24, 2006 11:01 AM
it is the tires, it leaves 2 black marks on the pavement after..
Friday, March 24, 2006 12:44 PM
Yes, you can do that in many cars. The transmission is going into the gear as a jerk instead of a smooth transition due to excessive line pressure. Shifting it manually could induce that situation. A lot of people install 'shift kits' or other devices on their transmissions which make them shift hard all the time. It really isn't needed. Chirping the tires doesn't really help your performance.

--------------
Yea, ummmm. I used to have a J-body...
Saturday, March 25, 2006 12:35 AM
thanks.. i was just wondering cuz i thought it was weird
Monday, March 27, 2006 12:27 PM
shifted if you can hear like a blowoff vavle sound when the tranny shifts thats the pressure being released right....um it happens when i turn on the bm shift kit just wondering how bad this is for my tranny????

Thanx Charles
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 12:34 AM
Mine does that from First to Second..... Then Second to Third. LOL

New Picture comming this summer.
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 4:23 AM
When I increase the line pressure to like 60% (DD @~40 with the Auto-Trans Interceptor, I can cherp 2nd easily. 3rd, I hear the ptshh from the valve lines. I've had it for over a year and its one of my favorite mods.

Monday, April 03, 2006 2:12 PM
same but im not sure...i have a small leak on one of my lines and im not sure if its from extra presure from the shift kit or jsut a leak....who knows i still sound like a bov when it shifts tho.....

Thanx Charles
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search