cam shaft - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cam shaft
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 7:40 PM
i have the specs on my reground cam for my 2200.can anyone tell me what my rpm range would be for power.i was told to get my limiter removed for full potenial.and also my map sensor is all screwed up.

duration @.50valve lift intake,224,490,exhaust224,490
lobe seperation 112
lobe center intake 106,exhaust 118

Re: cam shaft
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 10:23 PM
you don't need your limiter removed. it's there for a reason. you're going to make a LOT of power up top. Judging by that cam spec you'll have decent low end torque but you will really start to gain thrust around 3000

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 11:22 PM
Also remember, your camshaft is in the middle of your motor. If you're going to regulate more exhaust flow and intake flow, you should really work your cylinder head to bring in more. If you do, you wouldn't be dissapointed.

Patriot-Performance makes a P & P head for the 2200s and you can buy all the goodies that you need for the cylinder head (springs, rockers, retainers, pushrods etc) from Jbody Performance.

www.jbodyperformance.com
www.patriot-performance.com

Good Luck.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 12:11 PM
i had the motor completely rebuilt about less than 3 months ago,p&p is done well in depth.the only real concern is my map sensor it is way out of wack.it floods really bad alll the time.my mechanic says that the computer is not picking up the cam.the map is running a high voltage all the time
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 12:58 PM
The MAP Sensor is not "out of whack". It is getting an accurate reading of low vacuum caused by a moderately agressive cam profile. This is the most common problem with aftermarket cams in coputer controlled vehicles, and is not adequately addressed by the cam manufacturers. The problem arises in that the ECM doesn't know what to do with the vacuum readings that are no longer like the stock profiles. While the ECMs can compensate for things occurring differently within a certain range, what it's seeing now is probably well outside that range. As far as the stock computer knows, it's supposed to enrich fuel when there is low vacuum. When it does that, it's running you rich and "flooding out" as you put it.

The only way to effectively compensate for that is either to have the ECM reprogrammed (not a viable solution with these cars) or to compensate with some form of tunable real-time adjustment like a S-AFC.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 10:08 PM
Yup Jimmy's got a good point. You can either go with an SAFC or other piggyback.... OR you can go through JBP to get a reflash done.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search