Vert Drivers Door Sagging??? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Vert Drivers Door Sagging???
Monday, November 22, 2010 3:10 PM
Hey guys. I tried to search but only came up with Lambo door sagging soo I figured I would post. I have noticed recently that it sounds like my damn verts drivers door is sagging since it sounds like its hitting the lower left side of the bodyof the car and kinda lifting up to close. Has any of you vert guys had this issue?? If so, did it just need to be adjusted or do I need to swap the hinges out?? Also, Im not 100% sure but are all the door hinges the same for all cavaliers or are they specific to the vert/hardtops?? Thanks again!

Re: Vert Drivers Door Sagging???
Monday, November 22, 2010 4:59 PM
yup same thing happened to me when i got my droptop.. just go get some coupe hinges and be done with the sag,

Monday, November 22, 2010 5:33 PM
Alright, will do. Is there just something wrong with our hinges?? Just under-developed or something?? My girls vert is fine and that thing is a 97, but mine sags. IIRC I MAY have the old hinges from my 02 LSS I had back in the day. I dont remember but I might. Oh well, if not ill run to Pick N Pull and grab a set for both sides lol

Monday, November 22, 2010 5:53 PM
its not really the hinges that go out.. more like the pin in them. i just said forget it and got a set of good used hinges for less then 15.

Monday, November 22, 2010 6:16 PM
Yeah Ill prolly just go and get them from a yard. There not that hard to find since all the yards have cavaliers/sunfires in them a dime a dozen out here. Damn, which reminds me, i should have gone and got the damn seals for my vert, damnit!!

Monday, November 22, 2010 7:20 PM
you should just by my lambo hinges lol

Monday, November 22, 2010 7:28 PM
i thought i got rid of the ones i had.. there still in my teal cav in the trunk. lol

Monday, November 22, 2010 8:12 PM
Spencer wrote:you should just by my lambo hinges lol

Oh god no. I had those on my yellow cav, and Ill tell you this, it was THE WORST mistake I ever made, next to the damn air ride. Altho I may go back to the air ride just bc of how nice it looked laid out. But for a DD I will NEVER get lambo doors again lol. Even the air ride sucked and the car sat alot when I had the air on it just bc the ride was crappy as hell. But with living in chicago, the ability to raise/lower the car at will was nice. But never again on the lambo doors lol.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 3:45 PM
Its not just the verts that have crappy hinge pins. My 98 coupe has a saggy driver's door and it drives me bonkers. The sucky thing is that every coupe in the local U-Pull has the same issues and I am not sure if I can snag sedan hinges and call it a day or not. :/

----

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 10:14 PM
Rumor has it, All 3rd gen door hinges are the same. Regardless of body style.

I have yet to double check. They can't be super expensive from GM i would assume.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Wednesday, November 24, 2010 10:48 PM
I would have to look into it. I cant see how much diffrent they would be. I also dont think the sedans would be any tougher since there doors are smaller, but ill look into it. I maybe running to the yard this weekend to grab a set of hinges as a weekend project on the vert. But idk, we will see. Thanks Qwik for the info

Thursday, November 25, 2010 6:37 AM
Just take youre time with it and make sure you either have help or an easy way hold the door while doing adjustments. If not done right the gap between the front edge of the door will rub edge of the fender panel.

Thursday, November 25, 2010 9:12 AM
just tape your door shut and change the hinges with your fenders off. thats what i did.

Saturday, November 27, 2010 10:43 PM
its not just a vert problem... my 98 has the same issue.. only when you have it up on jackstands though. when its on the ground its fine, no sag.

my 97 is solid either way so i dont get it...

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Saturday, November 27, 2010 10:55 PM
you cant open the doors when a droptop is on jacks .. lol well i know my pass side is like that.

Thursday, December 09, 2010 6:37 PM
my 03 was the same.. kinda rattled over bumbs a bit too.. but ya loosen bolts on body side of hinge and lift it up a bit. make small adjustments and carefuly close door to check alignment. worked great and fixed mine
Friday, December 10, 2010 5:33 PM
Uh, dudes - GM makes poopy hinges, nothing new. Even the hinges on my 2500 work van are bad. Though its not the hinge so much, more the bushings/pins, which are replaceable.

Heres the fix, for (almost) all GM hinges. poopity poopty pants

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search