quick question on LED bulbs and vht nightshades - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
quick question on LED bulbs and vht nightshades
Wednesday, November 17, 2010 8:32 PM
okay im thinking on applying some vht to my stock tails.. But i know the more you put the darker they get and the less light that will shine through them..vwould i benefit from changing my stock bulbs to LED bulbs in thr tails? My thinking is that if LEDs are brighter then in theory i should get better light output with the vht on. Im sure someone has done this or knows someone who has. What was the turnout like? Cuz i still want my brake lights to visisble even if i do go dark on the vht. Thanks

Re: quick question on LED bulbs and vht nightshades
Thursday, November 18, 2010 5:26 AM
just dont put a whole lot of niteshades on, 2-3 lights coats will do it, this is how dark mine are and light shines through perfectly, also i thought the same about LED bulbs, tried it in my ols sunfire, was worse then normal bulbs

Thursday, November 18, 2010 8:23 AM
cool thanks. Do you think you could snap a pick at night with yr lights on. and then one with the brake lights on.. Just so i can see the difference. And during the day how visible is you turn signals? Btw they look sick.
Thursday, November 18, 2010 12:33 PM
fairly visable, the pics makes them look a bit darker than they actually are, in daylight you can still see the red in the lense with the lights off, and ill make sure to get some pics with them on at night, and thanks

Thursday, November 18, 2010 1:05 PM
the thing about leds is, they are brighter if they are behind a clear lens, but any coloring to it and they're about 1/2 as bright as regular bulbs. add to that the tint, and i doubt you'd be able to see any light in the daytime, and VERY little at night.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Thursday, November 18, 2010 1:17 PM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:the thing about leds is, they are brighter if they are behind a clear lens, but any coloring to it and they're about 1/2 as bright as regular bulbs. add to that the tint, and i doubt you'd be able to see any light in the daytime, and VERY little at night.

^^^^^this

and heres the pics you asked for

parking lights on

brake lights

Thursday, November 18, 2010 1:35 PM
ahh awesome thanks alot!! Great info guys. Helped me alot. Much appreciated
Thursday, November 18, 2010 2:03 PM
no problem man

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search