hood color help! - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hood color help!
Monday, November 15, 2010 3:43 PM
k i have a 95 sunfire, just had the entire car painted viper blue with metalic flake.. I just got a good deal on an rk sport ram air hood with evil eyes.. Im not sure what to paint it.. Should i go same color as car. Matte black, or gloss black with some flake too, or even without. I want it to pop out a bit. As far as exterior the only other thing done is black 17 inch konig verdict rims.. Thank you

Re: hood color help!
Monday, November 15, 2010 4:50 PM
your car, your choice, but if it were me, body color.
Monday, November 15, 2010 5:18 PM
thanks for the reply. I am deeply considering that since i do not have much black on my car. Do you think the hood will still pop out being the same color as the car?
Monday, November 15, 2010 6:57 PM
Robert Fielding wrote:thanks for the reply. I am deeply considering that since i do not have much black on my car. Do you think the hood will still pop out being the same color as the car?

Do something with it.
A simple, clean pinstripe, up the middle, on one side, on both, whatever. If you want it to pop, do something simple.
It wont look bad from far away, and from close, it'll be one of those "Ohh, i see what you did there" things.

Monday, November 15, 2010 10:28 PM
i say body color or it will look unfinished like you just grabbed a hood and slapped it on.

Monday, November 15, 2010 11:33 PM
hmm that is a good way looking at it..
Tuesday, November 16, 2010 12:18 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:i say body color or it will look unfinished like you just grabbed a hood and slapped it on.

truth. you just spent the time and money to paint your car a custom color. why ruin it with a hood that will look unfinished.

if you want a two tone look, execute it fully or don't do it at all.

Check out my build thread!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 8:44 AM
touche.. Thanks for the replies... I am gonnna go same colour. Will hopefully get some pics up soon.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search