No highbeam please help!!!! - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
No highbeam please help!!!!
Tuesday, November 09, 2010 9:01 PM
Hey guys have had this for a while and cant figure it out!! When i start my car and lower the ebrake the drls flash if i don't turn my lights on right away and i get a check engine light. Also when my lights are on if i turn my highbeams on all the lights turn out. Thought it was relay, replaced it same thing. Checked fuses they are all good. What is causing this can't figure it out!! Please help i want my highbeams back!

Re: No highbeam please help!!!!
Tuesday, November 09, 2010 9:48 PM
It's your bulbs. Highbeams and DRLs use the same bulb, and the car will flash them if they (or one of them) is blown out.

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 10:57 PM
No its not bulbs are fine. Both are working what else would it be?

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 3:06 AM
what do you mean both are working? you said you have no high beams, so maybe the high filament in the bulb is blown. Have you actually removed the bulbs, looked at them and tested the filaments?

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 7:44 AM
Yes not only have i done that but i thought that may have been the problem and the blubs have been replaced.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 9:36 AM
DRL disable, problem solved.

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Wednesday, November 10, 2010 2:54 PM
Would that give me my high beams back? I actually would still like to have my drls!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 6:15 PM
Anyone had this problem?? Come on im stumped!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 6:54 PM
What happens if the ebrake is up and you turn on the high beams? This will isolate it as being wiring related or switching related.

Thursday, November 11, 2010 1:53 PM
Could be the light switch/turn signal lever. I've had one to go bad which resulted in losing just the low beams.

Thursday, November 11, 2010 3:23 PM
Micah (Shadowfire) wrote:Could be the light switch/turn signal lever. I've had one to go bad which resulted in losing just the low beams.

i second this!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search