Cavalier spoiler? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cavalier spoiler?
Thursday, November 04, 2010 6:59 PM
Hi, I'm new to these forums. My first car was a 98 Sunfire convertible, which I did absolutely no modding on except spray painting the convertible top white (which was awesome!) If I had known that changing things was possible, I would have gotten a new top instead of letting rain and snow and everything else get into the hole and ruin the car.

So now my car is a 2005 black Cavalier base model 5 speed that I paid way too much for. I like it, but it's very plain so I want to play around with it a bit. So far all I've done is put racing stripes on it. I don't really know how to mod cars so I'll have fun learning with this one.

It doesn't have a spoiler, and I found one on Ebay that someone took off of a 2004 coupe which was also black. I was wondering if I would be able to put it on my car, because it has that third brake light which I know wouldn't be able to connect to my car. Otherwise, I haven't been able to find any spoilers that aren't ridiculously huge that go for my car. So I was just wondering if installing that would be possible, or if it would be stupid because the light wouldn't work.

Pandamonium Express

Thank you!

Re: Cavalier spoiler?
Thursday, November 04, 2010 7:01 PM
Sorry, I don't see an edit button.

Thursday, November 04, 2010 7:30 PM
My 2003 base model came spoilerless, but the 3rd brake light was already wired in. I swapped on a 2002 LS Sport trunk, taillights, and spoiler and it was a 100% bolt on affair(after paint).

Yes you can put the spoiler on your car and i would expect that it is already wired for the light.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Thursday, November 04, 2010 9:51 PM
I'm pretty sure all are wired for both 3rd brake light situations (spoiler or rear window). You'd have to either drill holes for the spoiler or get a trunk that has the spoiler holes already though.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Friday, November 05, 2010 9:15 AM
yea all you would have to do is drill holes for the spoiler if the car already did not come with one (which it look like from the pictures) and there should be a wire for the third brake light already there if not it wouldnt or shouldnt be too hard to wire it into the car. i actually have a spare trunk lid thats already black but its from a 2001 so it if im not mistaking has different brake light set up over the 2003 and up ones but if ur willing to go that route then i would be willing to sell it.

Friday, November 05, 2010 9:59 PM
I see a lot of people have replaced the trunks of 03-05 models with the earlier style. That's pretty interesting. But I personally prefer the later style. I looked under the trunk, and there's definitely the wiring to connect it. I don't really know much about electrical stuff and I would just mess it up, but I have two friends that do know. I had one install my radio, and another install sweet LED lights under the front seats.

I have seen some other styles that I like...does any spoiler that fits an 02- model fit an 03+ trunk? I don't want to end up getting something that doesn't fit. I know my safest bet is getting the factory style, but it's kind of plain.

Friday, November 05, 2010 10:33 PM
you seriously can't mess up the wiring. its just a matter of plugging it in.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Saturday, November 06, 2010 2:35 AM
I would install a high to mid wing. Makes the car gain 220hp. to bad AEM didnt make them, you would be looking at around 300hp along with their 8.9hp CAI.

Proud owner: 2002 Cavalier Sedan 2200SFI LN2 4-speed auto.Slowest compact car, only designed for school and groceries.

Sunday, November 07, 2010 12:11 AM
Tania nol wrote:I have seen some other styles that I like...does any spoiler that fits an 02- model fit an 03+ trunk? I don't want to end up getting something that doesn't fit. I know my safest bet is getting the factory style, but it's kind of plain.

Yes i believe so or at least i assume so i mean the trunks are the same pretty much

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search