I need some help - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I need some help
Wednesday, February 11, 2009 5:26 AM
Ive decided that I want to go with a set of one piece halos for the cav but I have a question. I have a 02 and the halos are only for 99 and lower. I know there is a sticky for this but its a lil confusing to me. I know a lot of people go from 99 to 02 but not the other way. Im just wondering how hard is it to do this and what all do I need, I know the hood is good and Ill need a new front bumper but what other things do I need to make this work?

I went from an import to being part of the J-Body nation.

Re: I need some help
Wednesday, February 11, 2009 5:31 AM
you have to re-wire your headlights since your going from 1 bulb to 2 now and you'll also need the corner bracket for the fenders.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 5:43 AM
but do I really need the corner brackets on the fenders since its going to be a one piece light. and what do I need to re wire them

I went from an import to being part of the J-Body nation.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009 7:24 AM
you will need the brackets, and you will also have a sizable gap between your headlights and bumper.

Wiring you will need to seperate the high and low beams....there IS good info on how to do that on this site.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 9:05 AM
i had the brackets but i took em off cause it was just getting in the way, they dont attach to anything any ways...if you want the projectors

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 9:38 AM
Colin Steele wrote:i had the brackets but i took em off cause it was just getting in the way, they dont attach to anything any ways...if you want the projectors

except for the corner lights right? the pegs for the lights go through the bracket and thats how they mount.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 9:47 AM
AWD GS wrote:
Colin Steele wrote:i had the brackets but i took em off cause it was just getting in the way, they dont attach to anything any ways...if you want the projectors

except for the corner lights right? the pegs for the lights go through the bracket and thats how they mount.

The one piece lights incorperate the corners.....however you are still missing an anchor point that will help hold the light steady.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 9:51 AM
i understand that but why half ass the job?

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 10:21 AM
AWD GS wrote:i understand that but why half ass the job?

that tis the question indeed......

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 6:35 PM
the one peice projector lights with the halos....the signals dont attach to anything behind them there are no knobs or mounting points so the brackets are useless you only mount the lights with the two(2) bolts for the headlight...i will get a pic tomorrow of the whole set up

Thursday, February 12, 2009 4:43 AM
even though its 1 piece, they still dont have the tabs on the back light the regular corner lights do?

Thursday, February 12, 2009 4:57 AM
no the one piece only attach at the 2 bolts up top and a little plastic piece that rests against somthing on somthing behind the assembly. on my cardomain i have a how to write up of how you can wire up the lights on a 95-99 but not sure about a newer style.

click sig for my car audio videos
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search