Need help looking for body kits - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need help looking for body kits
Tuesday, February 10, 2009 4:41 AM
I am completely new to the aftermarket upgrade market...I have no idea what is good and whats the prices.

I have a 2001 Chevy cavalier z24. and I want a body kit...however I have a very tight budget

suggestions??

Re: Need help looking for body kits
Tuesday, February 10, 2009 5:39 AM
what type of kit are you looking for? fiberglass, urethane? what style kit? drift, bomex, trd, etc... what is a tight budget?

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 11:15 AM
haha dude..you're going to laugh whemn i tell you that all you just said is jibberish...and tight budget is maybe about earning $100 every 2 weeks.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009 11:25 AM
honestly a kit isnt for you then unless you save up. a good quality kit is going to run around 400-600 shipped to you and thats for a fiberglass kit. then expect to pay atleast 500-700 to have the kit painted. my advice is read up on different types of kits and material that they are made from. urethane is expensive but very durable.

your best bet may be to find a used kit in some what good condition. actually look here and ask bubba (carmine) if he still has his bomex kit for sale. he lives not too far from you in jersey city. he was selling both front and rear bomex bumpers for 50 bucks. not sure if he still has them though. then all you'll need is the sides.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, February 10, 2009 11:28 AM

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 7:25 PM
Ive had a body kit on my car for a few months now and it's the worst thing you can spend money on. They get real old real quick, everyone wants to race and they attract the wrong attention. Unless your prepared, don't get a body kit. I wish i never did.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 7:46 PM
It is possable to ignore the "wrong attention".

Trevor Mullins wrote:

kind of like a screwed up kids sing along

pete the anal monkey lived in my bum..............

best epiosode of barney ever lol

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 3:46 AM
or possible to just remove the kit

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 8:43 AM
When theres red and blue lights behind you and your pulled over doing 30 in a 50 casually accelerating from a stop light and the cop argues with you yelling your a street racer... Kinda hard to ignore that, i believe ignoring that is illegal lol. and yes the kit is coming off today.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 12:42 PM
As Mike(AWD GS) said I have front and rear bomex parts for sale. check the link he gave you and send me a PM if your interested.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 11:05 PM
whiskerbiscuit wrote:When theres red and blue lights behind you and your pulled over doing 30 in a 50 casually accelerating from a stop light and the cop argues with you yelling your a street racer... Kinda hard to ignore that, i believe ignoring that is illegal lol. and yes the kit is coming off today.

Dont you just love that? I do especially when they call for back up and one cop is looking throughout your car while the other cop is threatening to tow your car away.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009 11:18 PM
wings west lip kit would be just fine for u!

kinda wish i went that route w/ my front. but i love the look w/ the hood i have.

WiGM-Tuners member.

Thursday, February 12, 2009 10:15 AM
chris b wrote:
whiskerbiscuit wrote:When theres red and blue lights behind you and your pulled over doing 30 in a 50 casually accelerating from a stop light and the cop argues with you yelling your a street racer... Kinda hard to ignore that, i believe ignoring that is illegal lol. and yes the kit is coming off today.

Dont you just love that? I do especially when they call for back up and one cop is looking throughout your car while the other cop is threatening to tow your car away.

no tow threats but yes back-up was called lol. and yes i really like the ww lip on the 00-02.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 1:55 PM
just depends on the car, the area your in etc. i dont ever get guys wanting to race me and never get pulled over. i havnt had any issues with my kit, but to the original poster with as little cash as you have coming in i'd put a kit on hold and wait a while. decide if its really worth it and save your money up. enough money that you can buy the kit and paint it the same time. dont be dump and buy the kit, put it on the car not having money to paint it and drive around with an ungly primered color because you can't afford paint. a nice set of wheels and a drop will go allot longer looks wise then a body kit on a stock car.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search