Going to try and make projectors for cav 03' - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Going to try and make projectors for cav 03'
Tuesday, February 10, 2009 7:21 AM
Is there a "how to" for 03+ Cavalier projectors cause im gonna need some guide lines on making these.

Re: Going to try and make projectors for cav 03'
Tuesday, February 10, 2009 7:51 AM
no there are no "how to's" for an 03 cavalier.

There are some demo videos on youtube, but that is it.

There are also several new products that can make your life easier when you do it, like projectors that are meant to fit into a factory bulb location, no cutting the origional to fit.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 8:03 AM
what do you mean by the new products?
Tuesday, February 10, 2009 8:09 AM
I mean recently marketed projector kits. Instead of taking say....an infinity fx projector, and hacking up your lights to fit them, you take this new projector assembly, and just take your lens off and slide it in.

It is the rookie retro-fit kit.

Either way you go, you can get good results. If you need help, hit me up.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 9:11 PM
remove bulbs and wire harnesses.
stick your lights in the oven at 250' for 8-12 mins.
pry the lenses off.
remove the silver bezel.
mount projector units.
put headlights back in car and aim the projectors.
fabricate new bezels to conseal the sides of the projector units.
mount bezels.
use black rtv silicone ot seal the lenses to the housings.
let silicone dry and make wiring harnesses if needed.

just a short overview of the process, takes a few hours. take your time when doing all this, dont cut corners do it right the first time.

i believe john and one other guy had group purchases for nice retro fit kits. or you can use infinity fx35, benz e55 if you want to go the bixenon way. or grab any set of shielded
projectors to use as low beam, and replace the round orange turnsignal with a set of 3in fog or driving lights to use as high beams. a few diff mazdas, lexus', huyandis, merc cougar, a few late model chrysler and gm vehicles. have projectors and can be found in junkyards for reasonable prices.
if your looking for halos too. a few bwms have them but i doubt youll find them in the Jnkyrd. u can find some on ebay or make your own using acrylic rods and leds.

heres a pic of mine

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 9:40 AM
John Benham wrote:I mean recently marketed projector kits. Instead of taking say....an infinity fx projector, and hacking up your lights to fit them, you take this new projector assembly, and just take your lens off and slide it in.

It is the rookie retro-fit kit.

Either way you go, you can get good results. If you need help, hit me up.

Any links to these products?
03+ cavalier as well btw.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009 9:45 AM
Wednesday, February 11, 2009 9:50 AM
i have a how to but for 03+ sunfires

here

Kill list:03 eclipse, 06 GTO, 04 Mach 1 Mustang

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 9:36 PM
check the GP, or try www.theretrofitsource.com they have a lot of good how to's, not specifically for cav headlights but it will get you through the retr.

---

Thursday, February 12, 2009 11:03 PM
Is anyone producing projector headlights for the 03-05 Cav's? I know IZNTRBL(sp?) was doing it but we all know how that ended up.

Friday, February 13, 2009 5:47 AM
I am making a couple sets right now.

Friday, February 13, 2009 12:48 PM
please post pics when done. I wanna see what they look like using that retro kit in the GP

Friday, February 13, 2009 12:53 PM
Eternal (LuxuryTax) wrote:please post pics when done. I wanna see what they look like using that retro kit in the GP

The ones I am making now are not using those projectors, right now Luis is the only one who paid for the projectors in that GP, and I will be putting them in his sunfire headlights with clear lenses.

I will be posting plenty of pics for those when the projectors and headlights get to me.

Friday, February 13, 2009 1:18 PM
ok, thanks

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 7:07 AM
I have done some sets before and am working on another right now. Here are pics of my most recent setup for an org member:
I do not have pics yet of them with angels installed on his car and i did not ever wire them up 100%.

Low Beams:

Low Output:

High Beams:

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 7:13 AM
03_CF_Blues wrote:I have done some sets before and am working on another right now. Here are pics of my most recent setup for an org member:
I do not have pics yet of them with angels installed on his car and i did not ever wire them up 100%.

Low Beams:

Low Output:

High Beams:

see, what I dont like about yours, are that your bezel covers the front of projector, but not all the bracketry. The output looks good on them, but being able to see the projector in the housing kills them for me.

The org member you build them for actually lives pretty close to me, and I haven't seen then in person yet, but I do want to meet up with him and take a look at them. I think if you did a better job with a shroud, they would look 10000x better.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search