Need some specific pictures. - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need some specific pictures.
Friday, February 06, 2009 11:35 PM
I have a 97 cavalier that i race on a circle track every saturday night in the summer. There are quite a few of them out there now and I want mine to be a litte diffrent so this year I registered as a toyota cavalier and instead of regular cavy tail light stickers I want to make some toyota cavy tail light stickers.

The problem is the sticker guy needs good strait on pics of the tails from from the rear and the corner (not quite side but not quite rear) and they have to be taken strait on, no up or down angles. This way he can lay them out in a program and stick them together to make a flat tail light that can be printed into a sticker.

Colour of the car dosent matter as long as you can take or find a decent quality shot of the tail lights I'd appreciate it. I have found a few rear shots but nothing from the side angle that i want.

Also if anyone has clear corners ( headlight and fender blinker) pics of those done in the same fasion would be awesome, they have cavy stickers already but they are for an 02 and they dont fit or look right for obvious reasons.
thanks

Re: Need some specific pictures.
Saturday, February 07, 2009 4:44 PM
hmmm, somoething tells me the left hand driive is going to give away the fact it is not a toyo.....plus toyo tails are 2 colors

Saturday, February 07, 2009 4:58 PM
John Benham wrote:hmmm, somoething tells me the left hand driive is going to give away the fact it is not a toyo.....plus toyo tails are 2 colors

yeaaah.. gonna be a problem there..

Sunday, February 08, 2009 6:10 PM

I know what they look like, and I didnt say I was trying to replicate and exact toyota cavalier. I just want the tail lights to make it diffrent from all the others at the track.

Sunday, February 08, 2009 6:24 PM
i know you are all thinking it so i will just say it ok...
YOUR IN IDIOT
why don't find out what a toyota cavalier first ok.
Thanks for playing. Have a nice day
Sunday, February 08, 2009 6:58 PM
Did any of you even read my post? I know what a toyota cavalier is, I know that the tail lights are diffrent. I'm just asking for pictures so I can make toyota cavalier tail light stickers for my race car instead of regular ones that all the other cavaliers have. And that makes me an idiot how?

Sunday, February 08, 2009 7:03 PM
Mr_Efficiency (Tyrin) wrote:Did any of you even read my post? I know what a toyota cavalier is, I know that the tail lights are diffrent. I'm just asking for pictures so I can make toyota cavalier tail light stickers for my race car instead of regular ones that all the other cavaliers have. And that makes me an idiot how?

I think that they are mainly talking about the fact that you are not going to be in a RHD car
which Toyota Cavaliers obviously are
Personally I agree it's not that big of a deal.
Hopefully someone with the tails will be able to be kind enough to help you out

Sunday, February 08, 2009 7:04 PM
Cody Hendricks wrote:i know you are all thinking it so i will just say it ok...
YOUR IN IDIOT

ignore this douche bag.... its people like him that counter exactly what the org is about.

i would totally help you out, but i dont have a set. i will see if i can get up with a friend of mine tomorrow. will it matter if they are on the car?

Sunday, February 08, 2009 7:20 PM
ok heres what i have .. hope they help out

Sunday, February 08, 2009 7:20 PM
Thanks guys, nice to see some people around here can actually read a post start to finish and understand what its asking.

I know I will be left hand drive still, its not like im the first person ever to put toyo lights on a LHD car, I just want something diffrent.

Thanks ZtwatyFo, I'd actually prefer them on the car, that way all the angles would be right, its less work to piece the pictures together in the sticker making program the guy has. Its hard to explain how its done. Really apreciate it if you could take some pics from the angles i mentioned in my first post tho, thanks.

Sunday, February 08, 2009 7:24 PM
Opps you posted while I was posting, thanks AZ24Ncav, the first and second pics are the ones I'm looking for, I already have a good one of the rear.
I'll be sure to post pics when i get the car finished and painted, probly wont be done until march or so.

Monday, February 09, 2009 2:52 AM
Cody Hendricks wrote:i know you are all thinking it so i will just say it ok...
YOUR IN IDIOT

Cody, don't pretend like you know anything.

You're (contraction of you are) AN idiot.

You also suck at life so go die in a fire slowly.

On topic, nice idea with some subtle changes to set you apart a little. Make sure to post up some pics and good luck in your upcoming season.

Monday, February 09, 2009 11:03 AM
Thanks man.
I also found some nice pics of a set of projectors I plan to use for the front, car is going to look awesome. I also have a carbon fiber ram air hood and the throttle body on the 2.2 points strait at the opening in the hood, dont know if my tech guy will like that or not but we'll see, lol
currently the car is the majority of a shell on jackstands. I've cut 80 pounds of metal out of the shell, my goal is 1900 pounds when I'm done. Last years car was just over 2000.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 5:47 PM
well you can say what you like, still think his idea of making a toyota cavalier by making lights is a bit out there and that is the beauty of having my own opion, so you all will just have to deal with it ... also Mr_Efficiency if you check the classified they have posted two new listing of toyota jdm tail lights.. good luck with you adventure hope either way it works out for you.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009 6:20 PM
wait a min i may have just made a huge ass out of my self and if i did i applogize in advance or late i guess... mr efficiency, are you using stickers, like say nascar? so you wouldn't actully need tail lights and head lights?
If so yes I am the idiot and made a complete ass out of my self and am sorry. But at least i am able to say that
Tuesday, February 10, 2009 6:21 PM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=7&i=370144&t=370144
check this link its the post right under yours it has some good pictures not even half way down the page
Tuesday, February 10, 2009 8:16 PM
Not quite nascar but yeah, lol I dont have headlights or tail lights, like I said in my first post, its a race car on an circle track.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 9:12 PM
I love Nascar and drinking beer
-Why?
cause it's easy to watch
-Oh?
Yeah! they're taking a left
oh and another left

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 9:26 PM
Mr_Efficiency (Tyrin) wrote:I know what they look like, and I didnt say I was trying to replicate and exact toyota cavalier. I just want the tail lights to make it diffrent from all the others at the track.

I want to say im sorry for coming off the way it sounded, I was trying to be funny but i was half asleep and I failed at it..

I know what youre going for I just meant even with the stickers it would have a hard time making them look like toyo tails..

sorry if I came off like a dick..

Monday, April 27, 2009 8:34 AM
As promised, the first race was yesterday and here are some pics. Thanks for the help with the tail light pics guys.

Here she is at practice for the first time, this is the day before i picked up the stickers.

Yeah, thats the exhaust exiting the body, lol

From the rear

With tail lights. I know they arent proportioned right, the guy screwed them up. and when i put the first inner on I lined it up with the top seam for the real tail light and it ended up crooked cause they arent sized properly. but non the less, it looks pretty decent. I'm happy with them.

Again

The fronts, I saw these lights in a post on here about projectors and loved them.

Lights again.

Strait on from the front. I'd like to find the licence plate cover that came with these bumpers to clean up the front end a little.

And here the car sits in the poruing rain on saturday night after getting one practice in. They were about to start the races when the rain started pouring down and we were done for the night.

Safe in the garage again.

The stickers look really dull or fadded in some pics, they arent. They are quite nice, you get a good feel for them without the flash in the second last pic in the rain. Also the last one came out good for some reason to.
Thanks again for those who helped out with the pics I asked for.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 11:10 AM
wow nice job man, i love that car

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 12:30 PM
looks good. how long until it's destroyed usually?

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 5:36 PM
My last one lasted 3 years and would have been used again this year but it was written off in the final race of the year. No points just money and tons of cars from several tracks to one big event. I qualified 12th out of the 73 cars in my division but was in a wreck early on that totalled the car. So this new car is actually just a new shell, everything mechanical is from the old car. This stated life as a 2.4 auto, now its a 2.2, 5 speed.
Usually the car gets a whole new body every winter tho. I keep mine pretty clean throughout the year, but it gets its fair share of scuffs and scrapes. We race on asphalt not dirt so its usually pretty tame.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 6:07 PM
Looks great, I would like to see some video of this thing going at the track. Keep up the good work.

FOR SALE
Tuesday, April 28, 2009 6:49 PM
are those my tails ? lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search