Infiniti Q45 "Gatlin Gun" Custom projectors.... - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Infiniti Q45 "Gatlin Gun" Custom projectors....
Thursday, July 24, 2008 5:26 PM
I am wondering if the Infiniti Q45 "Gatlin Gun" multi lens projector will fit inside '00 Cavalier headlights? Has anyone done this with a '00-'02 Cavy? They have a 7" diameter, I'm looking to install one in each headlight, but how will that work? I'd like to updgrade to an HID kit, as well, and I'm thinking the 9007 bulbs will be in the way. How will that work, if at all? I'd also like to see a photochop of it, if anyone can do that. I'd be using black housing headlights and marker lights (w/ no amber reflector), and the Projector will be stock chrome. I'd also like to get a ccfl halo that matches the 7" diameter of the projector. I'm not skilled to do it myself, lol, is there anyone on here that could do this for me? Thanks for any advice!

Re: Infiniti Q45 "Gatlin Gun" Custom projectors....
Monday, July 28, 2008 6:57 PM
nobody knows if these will fit?
Monday, July 28, 2008 7:08 PM
a 7" wide projector? that seems a little absurd the biggest i have ever seen is 3" maybe 3.5"

ok so i googled it and i forgot those were multi lens projectors, but still 7" seems way too wide, i saw some pics and they look like 4" wide, 5" max

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, July 28, 2008 7:13 PM

---

Monday, July 28, 2008 9:00 PM
ive had those lol, an they are ridiculous sure they look all fancy schmancy but do nothing better then lets say an fx35 projector....and you cant use 9007 bulbs will have to be a d2r or d2s bulb....

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 2:07 PM
theyll fit a 03+cav. kinda neat but more hassle than they are worth to fit into a previous year cav

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 2:23 PM
just get normal projectors, like FX35's, Acura's TSX/TL, S2000 or Valeo's. Those projectors your talking about I wouldnt personally retrofit them in any car

Click Sig for Jersey GM's Official Website

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 8:53 PM
I like the way they look, but I wasn't sure if they'd even fit. I wanted something different, because everyone and their brother has projectors nowadays. I'd also like to make LED turn signals with a black housing. I'm not opposed to a projector, but atleast the Q45 ones look different. Yeah they are big, which is why I wondered if they'd fit. Even if I had to cut the bottom of the headlight and maybe sink them down a little, so they'd fit better. I don't have the know how to make these myself, so that's why I am asking. I'd be ok with a projector, as long as there could be LED accent lighting with it somehow, something along the line of a halo. I'd want dual LED rings though, one around the projector, and a smaller one closer to the pointed end of the headlight. I know there has to be somebody on here that could do this. Whoever can, let me know. Thanks!
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 8:58 PM
sounds complicated. any takers? *cricket, cricket.......

Thursday, July 31, 2008 10:46 PM
complicated and time consuming work for me, lol. I would try and make my own but I know they'll come out crappy. I'd rather take on smaller projects of my own until I get experience under my belt, and maybe down the road these could still be an option. Who knows, there's tons I want to do with this car.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search