Oddball Horn Problem - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Oddball Horn Problem
Thursday, July 24, 2008 11:11 PM
This may sound weird, but here it goes... I bought my Cavy in April, and noticed something wasn't right with the horn, it was waaay too high pitched. So I took the headlight out, realized it wasn't factory, car had probably been wrecked. Anyways, I took the horns off of an Aztek (to see which one sounded right), Wired the factory plug back up, hooked the Aztek horn up and it worked! UNTIL, I bolted it to the bracket and now it just sounds like crap. If its not torqued down, it fine, but it would fall off. Thinking maybe something about the Aztek horn is different? It bolted onto a metal bracket to the bumper.. Its black taped on right now so the nut isn't tightened down and it works just fine.. What could the problem be? Thanks!!

Re: Oddball Horn Problem
Saturday, July 26, 2008 9:24 AM
sounds like it isn't being grounded right, same thing happened with my horn.
Saturday, July 26, 2008 8:31 PM
Hmm. That's what I was thinking too, like maybe its double grounding or something when its tightened down. Its working OK now just being taped on, dunno how long its gonna stay tho.
Saturday, July 26, 2008 8:39 PM
zip tie it?

Saturday, July 26, 2008 8:41 PM
Good thought... DUH... Maybe I need to just track down a real cavalier horn... haha
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search