horn - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
horn
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 3:40 PM
dose any one have a train horn on there j body

Re: horn
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 3:57 PM
listening..

im actually considering a train horn

I NEED a 97-99 LD9 engine harness for an auto.PM if u hav info.!!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 4:01 PM
Im about 90% positive when I say that they are illegal to have on an automobile. Either way this would be badass to have on a car...just like that one vid on youtube.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 5:34 PM
my friend had one on his truck and was thinking of geting one
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 5:53 PM
I got a triple horn 178dbl setup luv every minute of it yet hard as s*^t to put and hide on the js ate least mine they are huge. if any advise i can offer is that to get the less db they are smaller horns u open up somany locations to install and they still get attension. try to get pics up later. and mclovin if they are on a seperate switch ur most case fine expamle neon tubes not powered on by ur driving lights. that way "show use only" card gets played lol

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 5:56 PM
yea show me some pic plz have to see how you did it
Wednesday, July 23, 2008 1:14 PM

That what i started with.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 4:58 PM
so i can just get it off ebay?
Wednesday, July 23, 2008 7:01 PM
trainhornkits.com

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 7:19 PM
A friend of mine has one on his Cav. I'll tell him to post some pics and/or vids. I was actually thinking he posted a vid of it in P&M a while back.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 8:05 PM
thanks

Sunday, July 27, 2008 8:30 PM
i got the easystreet kit and im def considering this. but i already have a tank and compressors so all i would need would be the horn and some hardware correct? has anybody hooked up a horn kit to their air suspension tank?

Sunday, July 27, 2008 8:35 PM
yea basically just get a set of horns like boat train etc. connect it to a valve and switch and just either tap or hook up to your tank so ur air ride fills the horn and uses ur existing tank. hardest part with my horns cause they are so large is location location location.

Sunday, July 27, 2008 8:37 PM
yea i saw the huge horns on the website you posted. i just want something smaller. do you got yours setup to an easystreet kit?> any pics of your install? thanks man.

Sunday, July 27, 2008 8:56 PM
bluedrift, where did you end up mounting them?
Monday, July 28, 2008 5:26 AM
Shadowfire wrote:A friend of mine has one on his Cav. I'll tell him to post some pics and/or vids. I was actually thinking he posted a vid of it in P&M a while back.

I found his post. He has a vid here: click me

Monday, July 28, 2008 7:54 AM
bagged and digital ill try get pics up after work.

Monday, July 28, 2008 1:19 PM
bluedriftcavy(a.k.a. wayne) wrote:I got a triple horn 178dbl setup luv every minute of it yet hard as s*^t to put and hide on the js ate least mine they are huge. if any advise i can offer is that to get the less db they are smaller horns u open up somany locations to install and they still get attension. try to get pics up later. and mclovin if they are on a seperate switch ur most case fine expamle neon tubes not powered on by ur driving lights. that way "show use only" card gets played lol

red pen > you

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 7:08 PM
any pics yet man?

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 7:32 PM
sorry with work wnd the rain storms couldnt get a pic ill write myself a note to take one when i get to work.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 7:57 PM
all good man. just wanted to ask

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 4:56 PM

ok so this place was choosen mainly due to a few factors. 1- didnt want to have them see(element of surprise lol) 2- gonna bag her soon waiting on parts so dont want to drag them. 3- the two horns are 17 and 20 inches long. 4- the bell at the end of them are 7-8inches in diameter these are very large horns. heck i had to plug one up cause the tripod wound not fit any where period. they are machined fittings and it pisses me off i want to run the third off a hose but cant get a fitting i need. nick the setup right now is on the system in the pic posted earlier will be on the air ride bout a week or so. any way even with one horn down these scream lol and yes they make smaller ones give or take as loud. let me just add even hear it was a pia to install cause needed the dis block connected first. it is a very very tight fit under hard accel i can see it rubs the pan lol but all and all they are hidden/load./ and keeps water outta the horns(very bad for them) any ??? just ask me

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 5:00 PM
baggedNINE7(rick) wrote:yea i saw the huge horns on the website you posted. i just want something smaller. do you got yours setup to an easystreet kit?> any pics of your install? thanks man.

check ebay or what not and get ur self some used boat horns or a big rig set they are smaller in size. if i remember ill get pics of my friend's horns we put in they were off a train that just pushed the car around the yard kinda like a lot jockey for trains lol.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 5:47 PM
cool. thanks bro. sucks cuz i have my intake going that way lol. ill have to find another place. posibly where the old air box tubing used to be. thanks for the help man. im still hesitant on ordering them until i can see a setup using a airbag tank. thanks for the help anyway man.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 7:27 PM
no intention to thread jack

are there any horns i can use from a vehicle that i could hook up to the cavalier wiring. A horn that is a little beefier, something i could grab from a junkyard, i was thinking a s-10.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search