Any exterior mods you can think of? looking for ideas? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Any exterior mods you can think of? looking for ideas?
Monday, July 21, 2008 5:47 PM
Im at the point where im debating whether to keep my car, so i ask for some ideas on exterior mods possible, and if you have the ability, photo shop them in?

i was thinking about possibly lowering it, and paint sometime next yr

Re: Any exterior mods you can think of? looking for ideas?
Monday, July 21, 2008 7:47 PM
Thats a real nice a clean sunbird ya got, put ya a tight set of rims on it and call it a day. The car looks great to me for that model.

Monday, July 21, 2008 8:47 PM
take off the rack, take the side molding off, debadge, get some tint on it, paint the side skirts 2 match the car, paint the rims, remove front plate, remove pinstripe!

WiGM-Tuners member.
Monday, July 21, 2008 9:19 PM
IMO, the side moldings fit the car well, so I'd leave them on, but those badges could be easily removed with a WD-40 pen and a little patience, and would clean up the look a bit. If I were you, I'd worry less about mods, and more about getting rid of the rather small bits of rust on it that are visible. It could really be a shame to get rid of such a well done car. It looks great. In terms of paint, I love the color, but what would really make it stand out would be to paint match the mirrors, side skirts and the bottom of the front bumper. Replacing the trunk lid would give opportunity to get rid of the granny rack for say a Z24 trunk with a stock spoiler.

Just a guess, but if you have case of haters that make you rethink your car choice, f*ck 'em. I still think no older compact rolls out as nice as a well done Gen 2 (except possibly The AE92 and AE101, but that's the Toyota fan in me).

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, July 21, 2008 10:27 PM
If anything fix the couple of dings on it and after looking at it again maybe take off the rack, lower it, paint it, set of rims and you'll have a very nice looking ride.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 4:17 AM
thanks guys, ya im currently searching for a paint match, and plan on loosing the trunk lid, any idea of a set of rims,

ps. its tinted not in the first couple but the last few, more recent pics, i have 20% done all around

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 5:48 AM
I'd go with a black set of 17's but thats my personal preference if your going to keep any of the black trim when you decide to paint it.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 6:28 AM
lose those fog lights

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 6:54 AM
with my bird i pit the fogs in the holes in the front bumper. so when there off you barely notice. but when there on they look like they should be there. just a suggestion! but it looks good, should paint the mirrors though but! IMO nice car!!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 7:30 AM
honestly the best thing you could do is lose the blue grill and the foglights

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 8:02 AM
throw on a Z24 kit.

I wouldn't say brand new rims but some LS Sport rims would look nice on that body style.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 11:55 AM
Z24 Kit, Remove Badges/Mouldings, Stock Front Grill + Fix the Rust.

Car is actually lookin pretty good tho.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 4:09 PM
currenltly the grill is chrome, not blue i swap it out but havnt posted pics, IMO I hate the stock grill, lol sry, the fog lights, idk ive come to get used to them there but have contemplated moving them, prolly will try that soon, and yea LS sport rims would look sick, ive also thought about black ones, ne one willing to photo shop some in?? plz lol

Thursday, July 24, 2008 12:51 AM
like they pretty much said. lower, fix rust, paint and paint trim [mirrors, side skirts, windsheild wiper arms....stuff like that] to match. paint rims u got black. i saw on cardomain. a guy put in BMW headlights on his cavy. looked baddass! remove side mouldings/badges.hide the foglihts better/ get rid of em. paint behind yur grill black. remove rack on trunk. Z24 kit WOULD look real nice on this too! plz dont get rid of tho. looks very clean, and in excelent condition!

Friday, July 25, 2008 6:14 PM
thanks guys for the ideas, on complements, yea im debating about black rims, idk how they would look?? im gonna possibly remove the badging this weekend but im afriad of paint chipping/faded color contrast,

Saturday, July 26, 2008 10:59 PM
do what you like. something you like, someone else might not. build it for you, not anyone else

most things to make it better are the minor things people mentioned, like fixing rust and debadging. dont know if the luggage rack is bolted or taped.. probably bolted so you might end up spending some money on getting the trunk done.. but i think its fine my 89 z24 had that same rack lol. it fits the car i guess heh.

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Monday, July 28, 2008 7:26 PM
Heres my attempt. It's crappy because I did it on paint, but it gives you an idea. Its just lowered and shaved. The front bumper would probably look better w/o the black too, but that's way too much work to get into. I might do it if I get bored though.

Monday, July 28, 2008 8:50 PM
get a black hood then paint the a pillars and above the windshield black. paint the fenders above the pin striping black also and youve got yourself a nice, subtle two tone. add some dark tint to the car and itll be even better. then some gunmetal or black rims (painting the stockers works just as well) and bam itll look sweet

Thursday, July 31, 2008 5:39 AM
The White Miss Cleo (tabs) wrote:get a black hood then paint the a pillars and above the windshield black. paint the fenders above the pin striping black also and youve got yourself a nice, subtle two tone. add some dark tint to the car and itll be even better. then some gunmetal or black rims (painting the stockers works just as well) and bam itll look sweet

The two-tone idea isn't bad. These cars actually have perfect lines for that. Just tape off the front fenders where the ridge is, and paint above it black. It will line right up with the side window trim.

My thoughts are to debadge as stated above, but if you're going to leave the black guard on the bumpers, don't remove it from the doors. All or nothing, but it's more consistant if it's all the way around and not just on the bumpers.

I would definitely fix any rust before any more mods, but while your doing that, paint the handles, mirrors, side skirts, and front lip to match.

I would also reverse the colors on the grill. Trim it in body color and paint the mesh black. I think it would flow better. Other than that, I'd keep it how it is. The 95+ Z rims look great on the older cars. Just paint the center caps silver again. Not sure why you'd want them to stand out. IIRC, the caps from the 00-02 Z's fit those rims, and they have the recessed bowtie (don't quote me on this, I haven't tried, but I thought I remember someone doing it before). Pop those in there and paint the bowtie body color maybe?

Thursday, July 31, 2008 12:21 PM
When I said way too much work, I meant to do it in MSPaint...but I agree it should all be removed if you do it. The picture was just a quick thought on it.

Thursday, July 31, 2008 3:58 PM
yea that drop looks sick, actaully the black looking center cap is a piece of carbon fiber vinyl, i bought the wheels like that, is the census that is would look better in silver?

Thursday, July 31, 2008 8:50 PM
Your car reminds me alot of mine except the cavalier version. I would keep it as clean as possible. I phase 1 Z kit would look good on your car along with a set of black wheels and drop. here some pics of mine if you have and questions just ask. Theres a few things ive done that most wouldnt notice..

before..

after..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search