fiberglass hood storage? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fiberglass hood storage?
Thursday, July 03, 2008 8:55 PM
Quick question... I got a CF hood on the way, but car won't be ready to install it, so need to put it up in storage for a while.

What's the best way to store one w/ out causing warping?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, July 03, 2008 8:56 PM

Re: fiberglass hood storage?
Thursday, July 03, 2008 9:55 PM
Not sure if there's a "right" way to do it, but I used to take mine off for winter. I'd just put some rags on the floor and lean it against the wall. Never had a problem with warping or anything.

Thursday, July 03, 2008 11:15 PM
I take my hood off for the winter also, I just wrap a blanket around it and lean it against the wall and hope no one knocks it over
Thursday, July 03, 2008 11:37 PM
I suppose I left out one vital detail... the only place I have to store it is in one of my 2 barns. With summer here, there is an average ambient air temp variation of 60* (average night temp = 50*, day can get 110+).

With that kind of temp change wouldn't standing it against a wall cause some warpage?

Friday, July 04, 2008 7:27 AM
if it gets that hot i would imagine that you run the risk of it warping no matter how you lay it. although i think you should be fine regardless if you lean it against the wall or lay it flat on the ground, i think flat on the ground (or on saw horses or something like that) would be your best bet.

Friday, July 04, 2008 10:19 AM
stargrrrl wrote:Not sure if there's a "right" way to do it, but I used to take mine off for winter. I'd just put some rags on the floor and lean it against the wall. Never had a problem with warping or anything.

that's what i did too. never had a problem.

Sunday, July 06, 2008 11:30 AM
Leave it in the box with the supports....lay it flat on the ground or devise a plan to HANG it from the seeling somewhere but either way keep it flat...

Sunday, July 06, 2008 11:45 AM
@Ben and EVOFire... that'll work perfectly. Space is not an issue (1 barn is 4500 sq ft the other is 2700 sq ft) so plenty of space to lay it flat

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search