Can someone please help me? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Can someone please help me?
Thursday, July 03, 2008 5:25 PM
Hey. I had to replace a backup lens on an 01 Sunfire, and the lens i got is aftermarket. It doesn't match the other one, so i want to take the other one out and replace it. Problem is, i can't get it out! It seems to be like siliconed or glued in or something. Does anyone know how to pop this thing out? There's some kind of rubber glued in there.

Re: Can someone please help me?
Thursday, July 03, 2008 5:47 PM
well when we had our 04 in the shop for a chiped backup lense the dealer replaced the whole panel. the lenses the colored panel and the lic area they said reason was all made to be one piece when they fact gets done. how true dont know but they swapped the whole thing for one bad lense. the old one ended up on craigs list from them as defect lol that was interesting.

Thursday, July 03, 2008 6:04 PM
bluedriftcavy(a.k.a. wayne) wrote:well when we had our 04 in the shop for a chiped backup lense the dealer replaced the whole panel. the lenses the colored panel and the lic area they said reason was all made to be one piece when they fact gets done. how true dont know but they swapped the whole thing for one bad lense. the old one ended up on craigs list from them as defect lol that was interesting.

That part is correct... it is a one piece design for the filler panel.

But about the 01 reverse light:

there should be 2 nuts on teh back that hold the housing in place (on the inside of the fascia)

Thursday, July 03, 2008 7:27 PM
Thank you both. =)
I'll have to crawl under there again tomorrow. I must have missed the nuts; it was getting dark. This also means i'll need to rig something together to get the new lenses to stay in place, considering i never got nuts with the new one...
Monday, July 07, 2008 1:12 PM
Well, there are no nuts. No bolts. Nothing. I got this car with some damage to the rear, maybe someone rigged the right reverse light with some kind of adhesive. I'm thinking, since i'm replacing it anyway, i'll just break it and drill the thing out...
Wednesday, July 09, 2008 8:37 PM
You're talkin about the lights on each side of the tag right? If so, you should be able to take that whole fascia off (like 4 nuts in the trunk lid) Then you could just flip it around and look. Sry if I misunderstood.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search