headlight conversion ??? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
headlight conversion ???
Saturday, February 09, 2008 8:34 AM
I have not ever seen it discussed and did search for it, but i was wondering if you were going from 95-99 to 00-02 cavalier headlight would it be possible to use a sunfire wiring harness instead of having to cut and splice into your original wiring harness?? I believe 95-99 sunfires use 9007 bulbs juts like the 00-02 cavaliers, so i was wondering if anybody has tried this and if it worked out??

Re: headlight conversion ???
Saturday, February 09, 2008 2:37 PM
yeah that should work fine. any particular reason you would do that instead of the cav wiring? usually when ppl do conversions they either swap with someone or have a donor car.

coming back in 2008...
Sunday, February 10, 2008 7:20 AM
when i have done the cav wiring either me high beams dont work or my passenger side headlight is dimmer then the drivers side.I have checked and rechecked my wiring and cant find anything i did wrong and my fuses are fine.
Sunday, February 10, 2008 7:33 AM
Sounds like your wiring is wrong. Undo everything and start over. You should have 2 positive wires and 2 negative wires on each side. Use a voltmeter to determine which ones are + and which ones are -. When you find both of your positive wires tie the two together on each side. The two positives should be wired in with the middle wire on your 9007 plug. Then all you'll have to figure out is which side is which as far as high beam/low beam ground wires (will be different colors depending on where your 9007 plug came from). The headlights work off of a switched ground. Here are the colors for your stock wiring:

95-99 Cavalier
Driverside
High Beam Positive = Dark Blue
High Beam Ground = Pink
Low Beam Positive = Orange (or Blue)
Low Beam Ground = Dark Blue

Passengerside
High Beam Positive = Orange
High Beam Ground = Pink
Low Beam Positive = Orange
Low Beam Ground = Dark Blue

Sorry if this post is a mess... I just woke up lol. Hope this helps. If you need any more info just shoot me a PM or catch me on AIM or something.

Sunday, February 10, 2008 8:45 AM
i got the same problem, i check and recheck about 4 times and it was set up properly so I dont know exactly what is wrong but you can get your wiring harness set to whatever year, you just gotta talk to GM , if you know someone that works for them and can do this for you it would be cheaper, i am sending my harness soon, i guess some of my wires are corroded green death sux

Monday, February 11, 2008 1:28 PM
Well if anyone has got this to work will you post some pics or send me some please i would like to see it

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 9:26 AM
by any chance, does anyone know if the headlight wiring harness for a 1995 cavalier Z24 is the same as a 1999 Cavalier Z24?

"If I'm not back in 5 minutes...just wait longer"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search