03-05 Cav. grill insert? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
03-05 Cav. grill insert?
Thursday, February 07, 2008 9:31 AM
Does anyone know if there is a place to get a grill insert for 03-05 cavaliers? I dont mean ones for the bumper, but one to replace the bowtie "bar" between the headlights.

Re: 03-05 Cav. grill insert?
Thursday, February 07, 2008 9:46 AM
you will need to cut that section of the bumper out

get some billet and make one!

Thursday, February 07, 2008 10:29 AM
if you do that with the 03-05 your gonna have some wierd looking grill. I cut out all the lower pieces but left the top ones because if you cut those out then you will be able to see down inbetween the bumper and the cover. I make my own grills from Home Depot but I wouldn't do one that you can see the top of when you open the hood.

Pilz-E wrote:I still dream of the day when I can do a rear-engine, rear drive V12 in my sunflower.

Thursday, February 07, 2008 10:45 AM
UbeR CooL

amazing how it fits 90-94 AND 95-05....

1997 RedR - ZedR
Thursday, February 07, 2008 11:07 AM
whitegoose( RedR-ZedR) wrote:UbeR CooL

is what's better than that is about 3/4 of the way down the page where it shows a dyno chart showing how adding mesh to your grill will give you more HP... It litteraly says "higher top speeds", "increased performance", "better engine response", improved gas milage", and faster acceleration"... I can't believe all this time I never realised how much HP could be gained from mesh! I also heard that stickers will give around another 15hp! The stuff I buy from Home depot looks exactly like that only I spent like $10 and got a 6' X 2' piece of it! I could sell little pieces on ebay and make a killing!

Pilz-E wrote:I still dream of the day when I can do a rear-engine, rear drive V12 in my sunflower.

Thursday, February 07, 2008 5:15 PM
unattainable wrote:
whitegoose( RedR-ZedR) wrote:UbeR CooL

is what's better than that is about 3/4 of the way down the page where it shows a dyno chart showing how adding mesh to your grill will give you more HP... It litteraly says "higher top speeds", "increased performance", "better engine response", improved gas milage", and faster acceleration"... I can't believe all this time I never realised how much HP could be gained from mesh! I also heard that stickers will give around another 15hp! The stuff I buy from Home depot looks exactly like that only I spent like $10 and got a 6' X 2' piece of it! I could sell little pieces on ebay and make a killing!

Uh, sorry to say but..

If you actually read that, included with the mesh when you buy it is a "speed chip" which does the increasing of the HP...
Quote:

For a Short time only, We are pleased to offer some added PERFORMANCE for your Vehicle. Cause HEY! Face It....what's that new aggressive style good for, without a little extra Horsepower to enjoy? So for a LIMITED time only, when you purchase our Complete Mesh Grill Kit, you will also be receiving the A-1 Racing Technologies +HP SpeedChip. Proven to add up to +20HP.

(Will not work on turbo or supercharged cars)

Friday, February 08, 2008 10:03 AM
ohh snap you caught me! lol Yeah I just skimmed it... Those chips are trash anyway! All they do is cause you to go through more gas...

Friday, February 08, 2008 10:26 AM
http://www.customcargrills.com/proddetail.asp?prod=%2304%2D03CC

doesn't replace the bar though.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Friday, February 08, 2008 11:26 AM
Thats what I originally did on my car only I made it myself. That bar is not really removable... You can take the part you see off with just snaps but there's more to it! you have to cut away the sides and the bottom bars. Also the front bumper has little indentions for the emblem bar molded into it. So you would have wierd looking square shaped indentions in your bumper. I would say just leave the whole thing alone or but mesh in behind it!

Friday, February 08, 2008 1:48 PM
BoltZ DesignZ wrote:http://www.customcargrills.com/proddetail.asp?prod=%2304%2D03CC

doesn't replace the bar though.

I tried that once... those things are junk, don't waste your money

Friday, February 08, 2008 6:03 PM
Find someone using the GM tuner kit and get that piece from them, i dont think i saved mine, thats the only replacement piece i can think of.

Friday, February 08, 2008 7:46 PM
When i get my front bumper, i plan on opening it up there. I dont like the look of the 03-05 cavs with that area closed off. I wanna open it up close to stock or like the TRD bumper, but i am gonna need something to hide the latch and $hit. I was thinking of something like you can get for VW's golfs and jettas. Im proboly going to have to make something.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search