sunfire crush guard - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
sunfire crush guard
Monday, February 04, 2008 8:36 PM
Hey! I'm doing an 00-02 cavalier front end swap on my 02 sunfire this winter. I've got all the old sunfire parts removed except for one. Which brings me to my question, how the hell do you remove the crush guard? I've stared at this thing many times and I have no clue! Fenders, hood, bumper, super easy to take off, but this damn ugly piece of plastic has me stumped!! any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Re: sunfire crush guard
Tuesday, February 05, 2008 8:16 AM
The crush guards are usually held on by large rivets. I used a large drill bit to drill them out when I removed my crush guard.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 5:55 PM
Might sound weird, but i used an axe to get mine off. I just put it over the rivets, and hit it with a hammer. Primitive, but had it done in about 30 seconds.
Tuesday, February 05, 2008 6:16 PM
^^Nice lol

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 6:35 PM
ya just drill them out lol but using a axe could be sweet lol
Tuesday, February 05, 2008 8:01 PM
Thanks everyone! Yes the axe treatment it is! The fun shall begin tomorrow

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 8:03 PM
haha You SHOULD drill them but even when you do that they usually heat up to much and melt the plastic and then just pull through

ShowFire

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 9:00 PM
Why dont you just get the whole bumper bar? that would be easier, just a few 13mm and its off.
If you take the cushion off, try to get a rivet gun back in there to rivet it back on, thats the worst part if you ask me.

01 cav w/01 3400 gam gt 4t45e

Saturday, February 09, 2008 3:09 PM
^ I couldn't agree more. I removed the entire re-bar when I switched front bumpers. There's four bolts (two on each side) to remove. It will take five minutes tops.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search