info on lambo doors - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
info on lambo doors
Thursday, January 17, 2008 1:42 PM
HEY I BOUGHT A LAMBO KIT FOR MY CAVALIER AND COMES WITH 700PSI SHOCKS THEY DONT SEEM TO STRONG FOR MY DOORS ANYONE THAT HAS ANY AND DOESNT MIND TO TELL ME WHAT PSI SHOCKS YOU ARE USING CAN U PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS

Re: info on lambo doors
Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:14 PM
2dr 4dr what tipe of kit. check out the GP there is a lot of info in there regaurding the shocks
Thursday, January 17, 2008 6:42 PM
700 psi when i first got them and after about two two and half years of use they started to wear but it was just right to help up and stay and not so strong that u lift outta ur seat when closeing. but my friend had a set on a 90s t-bird and had 700 not strong enough so he made brackets for second shock and totalled 1200 a door and its perfect really matters if u got 2 or four doors the 2 has a larger mass when up the a four door to figure out that weight.but 700 should be fine.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 6:52 PM
I'm runnin 750lbs on a 2 door, works perfect!!

Thursday, January 17, 2008 8:33 PM
I've had 700lbs on my lambos (2dr) for about a year with no problems at all

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 1:19 PM
hey I have a 04 cav.. did a lambo kit on a Scion TC.. needed some modifications. I was wondering if it was a pain to do it on the cav and is there any door gaps or mis alignments? also any pics please
Wednesday, January 30, 2008 3:33 PM
I had no problems with lambos on my '04. Well, initially the bolts that are attached to the car didn't allow to hinge to light up right, it was only slightly off, but enough to give some alignment problems. So I cut off the bolts and welded the hinges on, and the alignment was perfect on the first try...no panel gaps or anything. Looks great.
As for any aftermarket part, you get what you pay for. If you drop the right amount of cash, installation should be a breeze, if you go with Ebay or something, expect to do some major modifying to get proper fitment. I've installed A LOT of lambos for people, and can definitely tell you the cheaper kits are HORRIBLE to fit...for what I had to charge in labor, it would have almost been cheaper for those people to just buy a better quality kit to start with.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 7:52 PM
no prob just take ur time a fit the hinge (alinment) is ur key to success. the only thing maybe is the lip from the inner fender it had two screws bolted to it bend it flat yet had no isssuess also u can dig out some slack in the harness so u dont have to cut it.

Thursday, January 31, 2008 12:20 PM
FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE AND MAYBE WE CAN HELP YOU A BIT MORE. ALSO, YELLING ISNT VERY NICE!

700psi worked fine on my coupe doors. if you have a sedan with 700psi that might be a bit much though.

coming back in 2008...
Thursday, January 31, 2008 12:28 PM
yep i am running 700 lbs for about 2 yaers now

Thursday, January 31, 2008 3:45 PM
anyone with the MMS lambo hinges, are they pretty sturdy when in the up position? or do they wobble a lot like some kits ive seen? thinking about getting a set but the wobble worries me

---

Thursday, January 31, 2008 3:55 PM
theyve got some play in them....but they seemed like good kits. the quality of the shocks is the only thing that seemed to be a problem

coming back in 2008...
Friday, February 01, 2008 4:47 AM
Quality of the shocks is better now

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search