Will a 2 Door Front End fit a 4 Door front end on a cavalier - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Will a 2 Door Front End fit a 4 Door front end on a cavalier
Monday, January 14, 2008 7:25 PM
Im sorry about this, kinda sounds stupid but i never tried it, and b4 i got into the hassle of doing i thought i would ask. I have a sunfire front end for a 2 door and i just got a 4 door cavalier and i was just wondering if it would bolt on. Plz anyone knowing this i would appreciate it. thx.

Re: Will a 2 Door Front End fit a 4 Door front end on a cavalier
Monday, January 14, 2008 7:39 PM
yes the front fits the only thing is that i beleive that the head light/parking lights may need to be rewired or seperated but fender hood bumper light bolt fine its just the wireing.

Monday, January 14, 2008 7:41 PM
cant i just unhook the whole light harness and swap them out?
Monday, January 14, 2008 7:50 PM
nope needs to be rewired good luck with that part . read the sticky on how to do it

]
Monday, January 14, 2008 7:53 PM
well are u runing dual filiment bulbs(hi/low as one) or do u have seperate bulbs. like cav 95-99 dual bulbs 00-05 single bulbs. sunfire 95-02 single bulbs and 03-05 dual bulbs if it dual to dual then ur fine if it single to double u have to split the hi from the low. cause 9006 bulbs fit the 9007 holes just the plug is diff.

Monday, January 14, 2008 8:01 PM
hes going from dual 9005/9006 cavi to sunfire single or the other way around

]
Monday, January 14, 2008 9:04 PM
Its a 2000 or a 2001 cavalier and im gonna put the 96 model front end on it. its the high and low beam all in one and the cavalier is both in one two, i thought i could just take all the wiring harness and unplug it and then plug the one from the sunfire in right where the other one came out, they look the same.
Monday, January 14, 2008 9:30 PM
no sir... you have some wiring in ahead of you good luck

]
Monday, January 14, 2008 10:32 PM
well ok one more question, i have a wiring harness from a 96 cavalier and they wired it for a sunfire front end, will it work on an 00 or 01 cav?
Monday, January 14, 2008 10:48 PM
chris hinds wrote:well ok one more question, i have a wiring harness from a 96 cavalier and they wired it for a sunfire front end, will it work on an 00 or 01 cav?

yes.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search