03-05 Bumper swap. Please help! - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
03-05 Bumper swap. Please help!
Thursday, March 22, 2007 2:51 AM
Well, Ive been thru the faq's and everything and even asked about the full rear end swap, but now Ive decided to just swap the rear bumper from my 99 cavy to a 03-05 cavy.

Whats involved in this swap...? (the rear bumper
Ive read the 3rd gen rears are all interchangable but Ive read that it still requires some modding?
Can someone help me out on this?

Thanks in advance JBOeons

now DIE!

Re: 03-05 Bumper swap. Please help!
Thursday, March 22, 2007 2:56 AM
the rear bumper and i believe you need the black piece that go under the quater panel

Thursday, March 22, 2007 6:25 AM
It will bolt right on..you don't need to buy the filler pieces...

Thursday, March 22, 2007 6:53 AM
you need those black pieces since thats how they bolt up, on the inside of the inner fender

Thursday, March 22, 2007 7:56 AM
black peices that bolt it up to the rear fenders, and there are 2 brackets that hold the cover piece under the tail light,

all the brackets must be from 03+, 00-02 will not work

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Thursday, March 22, 2007 8:32 PM
did this on my car. you need the black pieces that do inside the bumper, under the tail light, and the styrofoam filler for the 03+ bumper. after getting your bumper off you nedd to take off your bumper filler by drilling out the studs that hold it on.

Friday, March 23, 2007 8:32 AM
Bleco wrote:It will bolt right on..you don't need to buy the filler pieces...

ya...u dont need em.....if u want your tail fillers flopping around as you drive

Friday, March 23, 2007 8:45 AM
Brandon Pauli wrote:did this on my car. you need the black pieces that do inside the bumper, under the tail light, and the styrofoam filler for the 03+ bumper. after getting your bumper off you nedd to take off your bumper filler by drilling out the studs that hold it on.

Correct!

Just swapped an '03 LS Sport onto mine, luckily it was a trade so I got everything necessary.

Friday, March 23, 2007 6:37 PM
how many peice should i be getting in total?

Friday, March 23, 2007 7:47 PM
The filler pieces that bo on the exterior of the car a molded into the bumper, but on the inside of the bumper there are black brackets that hold the bumper up. They go more next to the tail light, not really under it, kinda on the side of ther car, by the wheel well. If you go and pull one you'll know exactly what i'm talking about.

Saturday, March 24, 2007 3:52 PM
ok hold on ..... I just did a full 03 swap and my rear bomex bumper came with bolt hole in the built in filler panel directly under the corner light .... is there anything that needs to be there to hold it up by any chance?

Saturday, March 24, 2007 10:01 PM
Well from whats being said, it seem that the brackets should of came off by themselves. 3 total pieces (two black brackets and the styro crush guard)

*Im just learning this so please correct me if Im wrong*

I appreciate everyones help. Im going to get started on the swap soon.

now DIE!
Sunday, March 25, 2007 9:12 AM
that's basically it
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search