95-99 headlight wiring conversion into 2K - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
95-99 headlight wiring conversion into 2K
Monday, April 11, 2005 8:22 AM
Here are the instructions and a diagram for completing the 95-99 headlight conversion on Cavaliers into 2k+. Use this if you have lost Daytime running lights, or you have one headlight dimmer than the other after attempting RK Sports conversion. This will alow the lights to function as they did stock. You will have normal functions of Daytime running lights, low beams, high beams, and turn signals. You will need to purchase 2 relays.

After wiring, make sure and change your Left side headlight fuse if the drivers side lights were dim prior to this install. Take this one step at a time so you don't get confused hooking all these wires up. Use solder and heatshrink!

PASSENGERS SIDE: With flat part of plug up,
Pink to the left,
Both Orange to center,
Blue to the right.

DRIVERS SIDE: With flat part of plug up,
Pink to the left,
Center to 30 of relay #1,
Right to 30 of relay #2,
Blue (in loom with the pink) to 87a of relay #1,
86 and 87 of relay #1 to Orange,
85 of relay #1 to Blue (in loom with Orange),
86 of relay #2 to Orange,
85 and 87 of relay #2 to Blue (in loom with Orange),
87a is not used.

This is brought to you courtesy of JOSH KICHMAN, the electronics genius of Auto and Audio.

I see this is impossible to find so I am just re-posting it to reserect it from the archive.

^CLICK ME TO SEE HOW I BUILT EVERYTHING^ How To in Interior Forum

Re: 95-99 headlight wiring conversion into 2K
Monday, April 11, 2005 8:38 AM
Cool deal!

...and just in case somebody stumbles across this wanting to do it the other way.

2k+ to 95-99 Headlight Conversion

Convert 00+ headlights to 95-99
Thursday, November 16, 2006 3:47 PM
does the same precedure have to be done to the passenger side aswell ? like i see the two relays for the driver side so does that mean its going to be 4 relays in total ?
Wednesday, November 22, 2006 4:00 PM
what kind of Relays should i get ? or are they the ones infront of the A/C condensor ?
Thursday, November 23, 2006 10:35 PM
Honestly... I tried mentti's way with using the relays.. I broke down and said screw it. I cut my DRL wire and just hard wired them up like you normally would. I can live without having DRl's since it was soo much of a headache.

Friday, November 24, 2006 5:22 AM
When I get emailed questions like "What kind of relay do I use? ", Do I have to have two?", "What do I do for the passenger side?", and "What is heatshrink?" Maybe some of you should not attempt this procedure.

This has been in use on my car for 3 or 4 years now.

Friday, November 24, 2006 7:19 AM
As rude as some of u might take that.. i agree 100x with mennitti.. if u have no idea what ur doing dont even bother.. u need to learn what exactly u'll be doing.. You shouldnt have to come on here and ask every question about what u have to do next..

Saturday, November 25, 2006 12:04 AM
as rude is this may sound shut the @!#$ up. i asked for help because i never done this before, i dont do this every other day. this is a forum to help out people isnt it ? and ive searched this sorry forum and everytime someone asks a question about this some idiot comes out with @!#$ like you. so please if your not helping dont say anything at all.
Saturday, November 25, 2006 6:22 AM
yeah this is a forum to help.. but not cure stupidity when people cant read or look at the post...the questions your asking are if you knew what you were doing would give you the exact answers.. dont come at me saying i dont @!#$ help people cause your completely wrong. if u would look at the post it answered both your questions.. I could answer your questions for you because its right in the post..(not directly but it tells u) but hell i dont even wanna bother with u now. good luck

Saturday, November 25, 2006 7:01 AM
My comment wasn't direct at Juan or anyone else in this thread. I have no problem helping anyone by telling them how I have done something.

I have a big problem with people who email me stupid basic questions and then complain that something doesn't work, because they are not electronically inclined enough to accomplish instructions I attempted to make as easily understandable as possible.

Sunday, July 19, 2009 7:42 PM
Mennitti wrote:Here are the instructions and a diagram for completing the 95-99 headlight conversion on Cavaliers into 2k+. Use this if you have lost Daytime running lights, or you have one headlight dimmer than the other after attempting RK Sports conversion. This will alow the lights to function as they did stock. You will have normal functions of Daytime running lights, low beams, high beams, and turn signals. You will need to purchase 2 relays.

After wiring, make sure and change your Left side headlight fuse if the drivers side lights were dim prior to this install. Take this one step at a time so you don't get confused hooking all these wires up. Use solder and heatshrink!

PASSENGERS SIDE: With flat part of plug up,
Pink to the left,
Both Orange to center,
Blue to the right.

DRIVERS SIDE: With flat part of plug up,
Pink to the left,
Center to 30 of relay #1,
Right to 30 of relay #2,
Blue (in loom with the pink) to 87a of relay #1,
86 and 87 of relay #1 to Orange,
85 of relay #1 to Blue (in loom with Orange),
86 of relay #2 to Orange,
85 and 87 of relay #2 to Blue (in loom with Orange),
87a is not used.

This is brought to you courtesy of JOSH KICHMAN, the electronics genius of Auto and Audio.

I see this is impossible to find so I am just re-posting it to reserect it from the archive.

This diagram is idiot proof...i just use this to do my conversionand everything looks fantastic! I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A HUGE THANKS TO JOSH KICHMAN FOR THE DRAWING AND THE PERSON WHOM STARTED THIS THREAD... it was a huge help!

Sunday, July 19, 2009 11:54 PM
u actually still used this method? theres a much easier way to do this swap.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search