is it worth the time/effort - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
is it worth the time/effort
Monday, March 06, 2006 3:46 PM
alright well i have 1995 cavalier...and since thats pretty old it has some imperfections..well...many imperfections that i either didnt wanna claim or that just happen due to wear and tear...i live up north in canada and winter really kills a car and @!#$...but anyway...i have some things that are messed on my car, like the front fender is bent(quad ran into me), front bumper is cracked, rear bumper is cracked, i have rust on both my rear quarter panels, one is right through the other is more surface..a dent in the trunk, and theres a whole lot of paint missing...now i was wondering...would it be worth it to like, get the rust spots fixed, cuz that takes a long time for shops to do and im not sure what it all takes...and to get new bumpers, i was thinkin some z-24 bumpers, and with the trunk, its not major but i would like it fixed but i have not clue how much it would cost...but then the thing that bugs me most is the paint missing in the wheel area and under the car by the doors...would it be worth the trouble to try fixing these one by one or would i just be better off gettin another cav....cuz i really like cavs, they're fun cars and i dont really and anything else, but whats ur opinion cuz it sounds like a lot of work

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL

Re: is it worth the time/effort
Saturday, March 11, 2006 8:45 AM
umumum i can give you my opinion... pull out your sterio, sell it for the little money and get a 03 sunfire with a ecotec, 5 speed and put your system back in that but i really dont know about the restoring part. I know it takes about a week to get everything to look good with the rust holes, those you need to get ride of all rusty edges and weld in a filler plate after hours and hours of bending and modling the plate just right. Then you would need to get it smoothed out with body filler, primer, and paint. So ya i would give it a week for the rust hole. then for the surface rust, this you need to get ride of all rust on it so break out the grinder get ride of all the rust and be picky, get the body filler unless you end up going all the way through then repeat with the rust hole. I guess it all depends on what you want to go. If you want to get the job done pro. or done your self you will need a spare car are get out the bike because its going to take a bit. Say if you really want to go throught with this slap a kit on it and repaint it all after the work is all done. just my 2 cents.

Saturday, March 11, 2006 10:53 AM
.02˘

Saturday, March 11, 2006 5:15 PM
whewre in northen canada u from/

<html>http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/brianb/thumbnail_personal_pic.jpg</html>
Sunday, March 12, 2006 2:02 PM
well manitoba...the pas if you know where that is lol

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL
Sunday, March 12, 2006 4:05 PM
eheheh i'm in Thomspon....

<html>http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/brianb/thumbnail_personal_pic.jpg</html>
Sunday, March 12, 2006 7:09 PM
I don't think it would be a lot of work if u had time to do it. If u don't want to do a lot with it just fixed it up a little to make halfway decent in order to get some extra cash out of it then get another cav that u want.

Just my opinion.

Jim

JBO Member since 2006.
Thursday, March 16, 2006 12:03 PM
^^^^^ JRCZ24 said it best

Cone
2000 ecotec cavalier
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search