Your thoughts on this 03 cavalier hood - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Your thoughts on this 03 cavalier hood
Friday, March 10, 2006 8:11 PM
I was messing around on ebay and came across this hood I didn't know existed. It is called the AFX 03-04 Cavalier Fiberglass NACA Duct Hood. It looks like the rksport ss hood but just a little different. Let me know what u think about it. You can find pictures of it painted and on a car by clicking on the hyperlink.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-AFX-03-04-Cavalier-Fiberglass-NACA-Duct-Hood_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33646QQitemZ7992391232QQrdZ1

Re: Your thoughts on this 03 cavalier hood
Friday, March 10, 2006 8:16 PM
looks nice once you get pass all the that they list to describe the hood. I Like it.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=1&i=333805&t=333704#333805
Friday, March 10, 2006 8:25 PM
Quote:

The Cavalier NACA duct hood`s stunning level of lightness is possible because of the composite material `clamshell` production process. As well as contributing to the Cavalier's looks, this extreme lightweight benefits the handling, steering, braking and fuel economy. It is the supercar technology for the next millennium,and avalible now for your Cavalier.

IM SOLD!!! & i dont even own an 03-05 cavalier!

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Friday, March 10, 2006 9:31 PM
IZN TRBL wrote:
Quote:

The Cavalier NACA duct hood`s stunning level of lightness is possible because of the composite material `clamshell` production process. As well as contributing to the Cavalier's looks, this extreme lightweight benefits the handling, steering, braking and fuel economy. It is the supercar technology for the next millennium,and avalible now for your Cavalier.

WOW!!! I fail to see how a fiberglass hood is improve all that.

-Brandon

Friday, March 10, 2006 9:36 PM
^^^are you kidding? i dont know how many times i have almost gotten in a wreck and thought to myself, "i am so glad i have this hood. otherwise my handling and braking wouldnt have prevented it from happening".

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Friday, March 10, 2006 9:51 PM
redecocav wrote:
IZN TRBL wrote:
Quote:

WOW!!! I fail to see how a fiberglass hood is improve all that.

well, in theory anyway, it can affect all of those.

less weight means the brakes have less mass to stop, so they don't have to work as hard. the engine doesn't have to work as hard to make a lighter weight car go forward. as for the steering/handling, a lighter car would drive better than a heavier car...

but you aren't going to notice a difference with just changing a metal hood to a fiberglass one.

Saturday, March 11, 2006 6:37 AM
cannon fodder wrote:but you aren't going to notice a difference with just changing a metal hood to a fiberglass one.

Thats what I mean

-Brandon

Saturday, March 11, 2006 6:50 AM
IZN TRBL wrote:^^^are you kidding? i dont know how many times i have almost gotten in a wreck and thought to myself, "i am so glad i have this hood. otherwise my handling and braking wouldnt have prevented it from happening".

That pretty damn funny.

-Brandon

Saturday, March 11, 2006 5:04 PM
plus 5 to 8 HP Gain after Installation

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search