Exhaust Help - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Exhaust Help
Thursday, March 09, 2006 6:07 PM
I have a quick question about Doing a dual exhaust. I just recently bought a flowmaster 40 dual muffler and wondering if i can do this install [the install on Exhaust Install(pics)], since the idiot who sold me the part said i can do it but when it came in it had a single inlet and dual oulet but the inlet and outlet arent next to eachother they are on opposite sides kind of how a truck dual exhaust would look.. Im curious to know if anyone has any details on this muffler and how to install it or should i sell it and pick up a different muffler? thanks

Re: Exhaust Help
Thursday, March 09, 2006 7:04 PM
am i just drunk, or did that make no sense??

Thursday, March 09, 2006 7:08 PM
the only part that I could make sense of, I'll answer.

Usually the inlet and outlet ports on a muffler are on opposite sides of it.

Friday, March 10, 2006 5:12 AM

see this is the muffler i bought the inlet is on the right side and the outlets are on the left i was trying to do the exhaust that Romeo did on his cav... heres a pic of Romeo's Cav (sorry Romeo i needed to use your pic as a example if you dont mind)

See how that car has an inlet and a outlet next to eachother i was wonder if i can do that install using this muffler and if i cant does anyone have any suggestions on what i should do... and yea i kinda messed up last night typing that i forgot to add pictures to make it easier to understand
Friday, March 10, 2006 7:01 AM
Easy just install it like a normal muffler and then run the tail pipes to where you want them. Problem solved. Unfortueatly that 40 series is loud as hell ! You may as well not even run a muffler at all.

Yes its that bad & yes I used to have one on mine so I know.

But good luck with it.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, March 10, 2006 11:37 AM
Jackalope wrote:Easy just install it like a normal muffler and then run the tail pipes to where you want them. Problem solved. Unfortueatly that 40 series is loud as hell ! You may as well not even run a muffler at all.

Yes its that bad & yes I used to have one on mine so I know.

But good luck with it.

Do you have any pics of how you installed it? Is it anything like how Romeo installed his? Also i dont mind it being loud its better that then exhaust i have on now. thanks
Friday, March 10, 2006 12:38 PM
Nope no pix sorry I had it on for a week. But I'll try to describe it for you as best I can.
Install the muffler straight like you factory one was then you'll have 2 outlets faceing the rear bumper. Take the outlet to the left side runs straight out to the rear bumper. The outlet to the right you put an elbow in it and run pipe across the car to the other side then another elbow to bring it out to the bumper.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Saturday, March 11, 2006 3:01 PM
BubbaKnoxz wrote:[
...i was trying to do the exhaust that Romeo did on his cav... heres a pic of Romeo's Cav (sorry Romeo i needed to use your pic as a example if you dont mind)

See how that car has an inlet and a outlet next to eachother i was wonder if i can do that install using this muffler and if i cant does anyone have any suggestions on what i should do... and yea i kinda messed up last night typing that i forgot to add pictures to make it easier to understand

If you want that type of exhaust setup, you bought the wrong model muffler. You need the 80 Series Cross-Flow, a Camaro-type muffler. Excerpt from the Flowmaster website:

The 80 Series performance street muffler is specially designed for applications where the muffler must be mounted transversly (cross-flow) behind the rear axle, either to match an OEM system or for increased ground clearance. The 80 Series is a true crossflow with single or dual inlet/dual outlet configurations and produces an aggressive muscle car sound. Application Recommendations:

* Cross-Flow applications
* 1982-2002 Camaro and Firebird
* Buick Grand Nationals and T-Types
* Street Rods
* Whenever ground clearance is an issue

Link to their 80 Series page: http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/80_series.html

"If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking."

-General George S. Patton

Sunday, March 12, 2006 9:48 PM
thanks for all the info guys...Im going to sell the 40 series since it wont work like i planned and pick up the 80 series.. again thanks for all the help
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search