flake or pearl - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
flake or pearl
Thursday, March 09, 2006 9:06 PM
i was thinking of using red pearl in my clear coat but would it look good or would flake look better?

Re: flake or pearl
Thursday, March 09, 2006 9:10 PM
it's basically all in personal taste. I think either would look good, but I like pearl more.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 9:36 PM
i like pearl 2

Friday, March 10, 2006 2:18 AM
i'm most likely going with pearl

Friday, March 10, 2006 5:10 AM
pearl

Friday, March 10, 2006 5:21 AM
im knida thinkin about getting a peral put in my paint...any one got any links to explain the effects of it alittle more? i hear it pretty pricy too

Friday, March 10, 2006 6:33 AM
I'd go pearl for the most part... but throw in a little micro-flake in the same red for that extra Ooophff in the sun. (Old Hot Rodder trick)

My Car Domain
Friday, March 10, 2006 6:21 PM
you do not mix pearl in the clear
what you want to use is a mid-coat clear mixed with the pearl
explain what the pearl is going over i can help more

can i haz bondo
Saturday, March 11, 2006 12:58 AM
big daddy wrote:you do not mix pearl in the clear
what you want to use is a mid-coat clear mixed with the pearl
explain what the pearl is going over i can help more

the paint is going over gm glossy black i don't want alot of red i just want to see it enough to know its there. so mid coat would be paint,clear with pearl then clear???

Saturday, March 11, 2006 5:14 AM
no, you mix the pearl in with the mid coat clear it acts like a base coat, then clear coat

can i haz bondo
Saturday, March 11, 2006 12:26 PM
big daddy wrote:no, you mix the pearl in with the mid coat clear it acts like a base coat, then clear coat
sorry agin but do you mean mix the pearl with the color then clear coat it?

Saturday, March 11, 2006 2:32 PM
no, a midcoat is like basicaly clear coat, you mix your pearl in the midcoat and put it on top of the base coat. Then you clear over that. Its basicaly just a clear substance that your able to put pearl in it and mix it. They also call the mid-coat stuff called "blender". hopefuly that helps out!

Saturday, March 11, 2006 8:51 PM
BroughtDownKustomz (Blue Ace) wrote:no, a midcoat is like basicaly clear coat, you mix your pearl in the midcoat and put it on top of the base coat. Then you clear over that. Its basicaly just a clear substance that your able to put pearl in it and mix it. They also call the mid-coat stuff called "blender". hopefuly that helps out!
yes that dose thank you alot

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search