Fender help? What do i need to... - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fender help? What do i need to...
Thursday, March 09, 2006 12:02 PM
Make these suckers accept 00-02 lights and side markers? Right now they are 95-99 style.

Both and left sides? I have been scheming in my mind, and i was wondering whats involved? I think i remember somthing about cutting off a tab?? If someone cut paint a line and show me what has to go that would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Fender help? What do i need to...
Thursday, March 09, 2006 1:26 PM
if im not mistaken all you do is cut that bracket off.

-Brandon

Thursday, March 09, 2006 1:28 PM
if no one else answers by the time i get back in just a second ill go check i have a 03 and they are the same as 00-02.

-Brandon

Thursday, March 09, 2006 1:38 PM
you just need to cut the bracket off. all of it. no more, no less. i did it to an old set of fenders i had.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 1:40 PM
yep this whole peice needs to come off..

-Brandon

Thursday, March 09, 2006 1:47 PM
Then i need the brackets from the 00-02+ lamps correct? Or is there a way to get the side lamp to mount to the car? I plan on going to a pick and pill and just pulling a whole new wire harness from a 00-02 cav. I am not in the mood to splice wires like crazy... will that work?

Thursday, March 09, 2006 1:59 PM
there is no bracket on the fender for the corners. yes the harness idea should work fine.

-Brandon

Thursday, March 09, 2006 4:03 PM
ya, theres no bracket on the fender for the 00-02. from what i hear there IS a bracket that bolts to the frame for the 00-02s but my girls car hasnt had that bracket for about 2 years, and we've never had a problem. i dont plan to use the bracket on my conversion either

Thursday, March 09, 2006 4:15 PM
redecocav wrote:there is no bracket on the fender for the corners. yes the harness idea should work fine.

actually i gotta correct you on that..
Manta Z wrote:
cannon fodder wrote:there isn't a bracket that goes onto the fender for 00-02 ones, the corner light attaches to the headlight instead.

Actually there is a corner bracket for teh 00 corners.. there is 2 prongs and a clip that hold on to the headlight mount, but also there is another prong on the end of it.. There is a bracket that is bolted down for the 00 cavs.. Cuz im doing a 00 swap and making sure to get these brackets.. 3 bolts hold in this bracket.. Now u might be able to get away without the bracket.. maybe ziptie that last prong to the bumper or sumthing.. But without that secure on the end it will bounce and maybe move enough to fall out while your driving..

Here is the pic of the 00-02 Corner Lense Bracket, you can see a bolt that holds on teh fender also holds this, and also one of the bolts that hold the headlight in. Pic thanks to Kevin (OneBadZ24)

Also here are pics of the back of teh corners and how it clips into the headlight.. Now i pulled on the corner and it would move somewhat, didnt really come out but if i had a nice set of corners i wouldnt want to take chance of one just falling off..

if u have any question concerning the 00 headlight swap be sure to lemme know.. i've been doing research on the swap for to long to know prolly anthing needed..

Thursday, March 09, 2006 4:16 PM
well crap.. actually i just reread that.. ur correct there is no bracket on teh fender.. my bad..

Thursday, March 09, 2006 4:34 PM
^^^^and thats who i learned there was the rear bracket for the 00-02 corner from....

Thursday, March 09, 2006 5:26 PM
Ok i think i see how they work. As long as the side turn signals are mostly supported by the headlights i will not have a problem with them. Also, where the lamps sit on that bracket you have, i think mines a little different than the one you have. I will assume they should still sit normal since you did it without the bracket, right Eazy?

Thursday, March 09, 2006 6:15 PM
Manta Z(Der Primered Ein) wrote:well crap.. actually i just reread that.. ur correct there is no bracket on teh fender.. my bad..

no prob

Thursday, March 09, 2006 7:02 PM
Nity9CavSedanCRJ wrote:Ok i think i see how they work. As long as the side turn signals are mostly supported by the headlights i will not have a problem with them. Also, where the lamps sit on that bracket you have, i think mines a little different than the one you have. I will assume they should still sit normal since you did it without the bracket, right Eazy?

yup, you should be fine. mine have been. cuz the turn signals clip onto the headlight bracket.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search