length difference - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
length difference
Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:07 AM
Does anyone know what the length difference is between a 4 door cavalier vs a 2 door sideskirt wise cause my buddy got sides for a 2 door and he never put thme on and i can probably get them cheap but I drive a 4 door and I was wondering how much length difference there was and if it would be worth the effort to make them longer to fit my car thanks

Visit me on Cardomain

Re: length difference
Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:09 AM
there's no difference, i got some z24 skirt from a guy who had a 98 z24, and i put them on my 98 sedan, they fit perfectly.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:13 AM
seriously?...exact same length?

Visit me on Cardomain
Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:15 AM
yup, since the doors are shorter, it equals the same as the coupe door plus quarter panel

Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:16 AM
as long as their like oem, bomex, bc2, etc... than your fine

Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:17 AM
nice!! Inever knew that thaks alot guys...made my day

Visit me on Cardomain
Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:50 AM
Yep. If they weren't the same length, and the wheel wells were a different distance apart, then they'd need to use different lines for brakes, fuel, etc. from the rear axle and back of the car up to the engine. That would cost them more and they don't want things costing more on cheap cars.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:52 AM
yeah true never thought of that...man this is some kick ass news hahaha thanks a million guys

Visit me on Cardomain
Thursday, March 09, 2006 12:20 PM
just have to watch for one thing. mounting points are different.

on my 02 z24 sedan, the underside of the skirt is all one peice and bolts into the floor pan. snaps go into the rocker panel. i bought a pair of 95 skirts from a couple, the underside of the skirt is little brackets, then don't match up with my holes. the rocker panel snaps are also different. i ended up drilling new holes in my under body and then had to use 3M double sided tape on the rocker.

GO PATS!!!
Thursday, March 09, 2006 1:37 PM
I kinda expected a problem like that and figured i'd be drilling some holes...but thanks for posting it anyway still helpful information

Visit me on Cardomain
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search