how do i put on decals and front pontiac badge - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
how do i put on decals and front pontiac badge
Sunday, March 05, 2006 7:09 PM
Hey,
I have 2 questions.

1. I just got my JBO decals and I am wondering if there are any tricks to putting them on. I'm gonna be putting them on the rear quarter glass.

2. What type of glue/adhesive/sticky stuff should I use to put on the front Pontiac badge, the one on the bumper.

I searched but didn't come up with much.

Thanks.

-Seth

Re: how do i put on decals and front pontiac badge
Sunday, March 05, 2006 10:02 PM
If you just want to "slap" the JBO stickers on, you can just do that once you clean the glass thoroughly with Windex and let it dry. If you want the ability to move them around once they're on the window (to get them into the right spot) you have to use soap and water.

Fill a spray bottle up with warm water, add a teaspoon of liquid dish soap and spray the area BEFORE you apply the sticker. When you put the sticker on (after peeling off JUST the backer paper) you can then slide it around until you like it. At that point, you have to squegee out the water (STIFF credit cards work well, but there's also a cheap plastic tool that works even better.) Let it dry thoroughly in the sun for a while or hit it with a hair dryer, and then you can peel off the paper on the top to expose your decal.

^^^ This method works the best on LARGE vinyl (IMO) where you can squegee the water down to the bottom of the vinyl and onto the car. With small vinyl lettering, I'd almost rather just stick it right on, starting with the bottom and rolling up towards the top to avoid air bubbles.

For your pontiac arrow, thick 3M molding/badging tape usually works the best. Apply enough strips to cover the back of the badge, trim off the excess and apply it to the car after you clean that indentation in your bumper thoroughly.

Hope this helps.

Sunday, March 05, 2006 10:26 PM
somone asked how to put on a sticker...not a question i expect frm the tuner crowd

Sunday, March 05, 2006 10:30 PM
Thanx Omega

halfJ99 (Nik) wrote: somone asked how to put on a sticker...not a question i expect frm the tuner crowd

LOL - just wanted to make sure i got it right.

-Seth

Monday, March 06, 2006 4:15 AM
even though its a small sticker i would still get some type of card or something flat that your can run across the sticker as you peel the backing off to get all the air bubbles out

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search