RK Sport Sunfire front Lip Install - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
RK Sport Sunfire front Lip Install
Sunday, March 05, 2006 7:25 AM
I'm going to be installing my skirting soon and just did a test fit with the front valance and discovered it doesn't fit perfect like the rear. If I pull up on the lip it will slip over the bumper the quarter inch that I think it is suppose too and fit right but I don't want to damage anything when I bolt it on. Is the front suppose to fit really tight like this (letting the bolts pull everything into shape) or should the lip just fit up against the bottom of the front end. I know this sounds confusing but if you have the RK Sport front valance you might know what I am talking about. Thanks.

Re: RK Sport Sunfire front Lip Install
Sunday, March 05, 2006 8:09 AM
easiest thing is to take the front off............. but yea you wont hurtanythign just make sure it lines up pretty good and before you screw it together........its better if its warm out and you let it sit in the sun for a lil while.........cause its will be more flexible.

*************Yea i spell liek wrong get over it*****************
** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Sunday, March 05, 2006 8:12 AM
When I put my Front valance on it fit perfect on the pass side up to the middle of the bumper then on the drivers side it had to be pushed into place. Good thing my dad was there to help me push it back towards the bumpe. As far as I can remember we had to push it back a good 6 inches or more. I guess it was just kind of warped from the mold.

But the good thing is it's urethane. It wont break. We did it on a hot summer day. I installed the pass side bolts and middle bolt how I wanted nice and tight. I got my dad to push in the drivers side into place. Marked my hole. then drilled it. Then got him to push on it so I could get the bolt in and it fit perfectly.

It could be just a little warped. I wouldnt worry about it to much. Once you get it into place and bolted on. it will fit good. Then probably over the summer and being in the heat like my car it will stay that shape as I have had my front valance on/off multiple times now and I dont have any warping. It fits perfect now.

Dont worry it's urethane. You can bend it.

Regards,

J
Sunday, March 05, 2006 8:15 AM
Check out my registry for pictures. I changed from 00+ GT bumper to 00+ SE bumper.
Sunday, March 05, 2006 10:19 AM
I figured as much but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.
Monday, March 06, 2006 2:48 PM
Is this a add on lip for the se sunfire bumper; or are you talking about a whole new front bumper cover? i know wingswest makes a lip that bolts to the oe sunfire se bumper.

98 j-body sedan

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search