Oxidized Chrome?? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Oxidized Chrome??
Wednesday, February 22, 2006 7:38 AM
Ok, well I got a chromed valve cover from Tuner Revolution last year. My car sits over winter time, and when I went to pop my hood the other day, i saw this

I tried using Mothers Chrome polish on it with no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Oxidized Chrome??
Wednesday, February 22, 2006 7:42 AM
Now that I think of it, I used MOther's Mag & Aluminum polish....Would maybe using the Chrome Polish or maybe the Billet Polish work?

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 7:58 AM
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/wen-y-376.html

This something like that would work?

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 8:26 AM
Clean it off real good and send it to Josh (IZN TRBL) and get it rechromed to color match the car!!

My Car Domain
Wednesday, February 22, 2006 8:42 AM
Definately use a chrome polish. I always use Mother's wax, or Meguires... but I couldn't find either in a chrome polish when I needed it. So I bought some Turtle Wax chrome polish out of desperation... and it worked AWESOME.

I had a chrome bumper with more oxidation and corrosion than your piece, and it made it look like new. I couldn't imagine what a good job a higher quality polish would do. I'm sure some polish would get that out.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 8:50 AM
To get the oxidation off get this stuff by eagle one called NEVER DULL, it will remove rust, oxidation, everything. You can get it at a local part store.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 9:19 AM
after you get it all shiney, i suggest a high temp clear coat to keep it shiny and protected.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 9:19 PM
go to eastwood.com and look for a product called semi-chrome polish that @!#$ is amazing and it will get rid of any problems ya have
if ya ever heard of por-15, well now they make a clear coat for chrome and polished aluminum
you can spray it on or brush it on
and works great!!

can i haz bondo
Friday, February 24, 2006 1:19 AM
Por-15 is the @!#$! I haven't used the clearcoat stuff, but other uses have made most Por-15 stuff highly recomended in my book.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search