tint? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tint?
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 10:54 PM
Just got a written warning from a state trooper for my tint. I have the lightest i could by on my side windows and thats what he got me for. Also dont know if anyone knows but as of 2006 tinted license covers which i have to are illegal now. Does anyone else get hasseled from the cops for their tint? dont these guys have anything better to do?

Re: tint?
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 11:12 PM
its not the cops fault its yours you took the risk of getting your windows tinted and he is only doing his job

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 11:45 PM
k i didnt need a smart response is all i asked if anyone else had been gettin hasseled..i know its against the law and i took the risk...but there are people out there dealin drugs and shootin people and robbing people and he has to waste his time pullin me over coz of tint on my car.
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 11:52 PM
tinted plate covers have been illegal for a few years here (ontario)

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Wednesday, February 22, 2006 1:02 AM
chev_cav04 wrote:k i didnt need a smart response is all i asked if anyone else had been gettin hasseled..i know its against the law and i took the risk...but there are people out there dealin drugs and shootin people and robbing people and he has to waste his time pullin me over coz of tint on my car.
i wasn't being smart i am just saying u knew it was illegal and u did it and all he is doing is his job

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 4:38 AM
I got pulled over for having a clear plate cover.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 7:08 AM
The cop most likely pulled you over for the license plate covers then was like oh look the tint is illegal too. Its always better to not attract attention to your car or check the law for tints. My state is 32% and thats what I'm getting so if a cop ever does pull me over I can say bite me.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 9:26 AM
Well in illinois they just passed the law in 06 that no license plate covers, i didnt know that..he said that was ok just to get them off.. as for the window tint...i wasnt quite sure..i thought you could have a light tint on your sides which i got..but about 5 days after i got it found out u couldnt have any on your sides...and i dont wanna take it off but looks like im gonna half to coz next time it will be $75.
Wednesday, February 22, 2006 9:35 AM
i got 5% tint all around, ive never been hassled once in CT, I love it.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 7:06 PM
Carbon Cavi wrote:i got 5% tint all around, ive never been hassled once in CT, I love it.

haha your right, Im from CT and all my friends have full blown Limo tints all around and never pulled once. But personally I don't like having to roll my windows down at night to see behind me. Thats why Im gettin 32%, but the same tint used on BMWs (which is pricey) so it'll look good because my interior is dark and the look overall will appear dark.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 7:15 PM
In New Hampshire it's 35% on the back windows but none at all on the drivers side..u cant touch em

My Other Ride

RIP Saint...Semper Fi.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search