need tip for putting on spoiler - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
need tip for putting on spoiler
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 3:26 PM
i picked up a spoiler last week, not a wing.
i know i need to seal the holes to keep the water out. i have some clear silicone gasket in a tube, will that do the trick?

plus you have any tips for centering it? it is similar to the 4 d sunfire wing.

Re: need tip for putting on spoiler
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 3:33 PM
the right way to do it is welding the holes shut. if u can not do that, and if the holes are not big. the second alternative is using fiberglass to close the holes. silicone will NOT work at all.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 6:13 PM
I'm putting a spoiler ON, welding the holes shut after i went to the trouble of drilling them would not be a bright idea.

we're sealing them again water that might come in the holes with the spoiler in place bolted down tightly.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 6:30 PM
when i installed my old wing, i put clear silicone on the bottom of the wing around the holes. that kept water out, and also prevented the wing from rattling.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 7:38 PM
Cinny wrote:I'm putting a spoiler ON, welding the holes shut after i went to the trouble of drilling them would not be a bright idea.

we're sealing them again water that might come in the holes with the spoiler in place bolted down tightly.

In his defense, I read the original post that way too... A lot of times we assume you mean the stock holes unless you specify otherwise.

You can also use thin weather stripping to help block off the holes.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 8:31 PM
^ what he said, but yea i get it now. i think silicone should work

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search