Shaved Door Help - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Shaved Door Help
Monday, February 20, 2006 3:13 AM
Well I read the FAQ and all the links that post how to are gone, so i just orderd a shaved door kit form i believe jaycorptec and was wondering if someone could post a how TO or what to do. And dont worry the locks and handles are being WELDED in, no body filler or FG. I just really have no clue what to do and I really like the look of flat cavavaliers, thanks!

Re: Shaved Door Help
Monday, February 20, 2006 4:20 AM
here's a how to for installing the solenoids click me

hope it helps

Monday, February 20, 2006 4:33 PM
cool yeah that is for the no door locks but what about the door poppers??
Monday, February 20, 2006 9:48 PM
i ordered mine from JayCorpTec also, the spal40 kit. It is soooooo simple i couldnt believe it.

Solenoids have a white and a black wire comming out of them.
White=Power to the 'Brain'
Black=Ground

'Brain'
2 RED wires comming out of it that need to be hooked to the battery.
1 BLACK wire that needs to be grounded.

DONE.

Any questions hit me up on AIM, its reeeeal easy.

Monday, February 20, 2006 9:55 PM
So your dont have relays or fuses wired in? Cuz on my autoloc kit i had those wired in so I wouldnt fry anything

Monday, February 20, 2006 10:00 PM
Z2FLIP4 wrote:So your dont have relays or fuses wired in? Cuz on my autoloc kit i had those wired in so I wouldnt fry anything

Ive had both kits and the Spal kit is 100 times better, i would take it over the AutoLoc kit anyday of the week... Flip the Spal kit has everything wired in already, its plug and play

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 7:44 PM
Nice, I guess Ill find that out when I order mine.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 8:02 PM
ws6+04cav= FTW wrote:cool yeah that is for the no door locks but what about the door poppers??
Re-read that page, it tells you everything about wiring the solonoids. Solonoids and poppers are 2 different things. The solonoids pull the door latch to allow you to open the door, and poppers push the door away from the car so you can open it easier (they're not neccesary).

Friday, February 24, 2006 1:14 AM
ScreamSayonara wrote:
ws6+04cav= FTW wrote:cool yeah that is for the no door locks but what about the door poppers??
Re-read that page, it tells you everything about wiring the solonoids. Solonoids and poppers are 2 different things. The solonoids pull the door latch to allow you to open the door, and poppers push the door away from the car so you can open it easier (they're not neccesary).

Yep, that's about what I was gonna say.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search