Removing front fenders--Sunfire - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Removing front fenders--Sunfire
Monday, February 20, 2006 1:59 AM
Hi im new and i love this site it has been very helpful, soo i finally made an account, i do have some problems or a question... i have a 97 sunfire, and wanted to put some fenders i just bought is it hard to take them off, and where are all the bolts located at, will i need to remove fender wheel,front bumber, side skirts, or rims? thanks and i love this place

Re: Removing front fenders--Sunfire
Monday, February 20, 2006 7:00 AM
Look first you have to remove the front bumper, its got 2 bolts on each end... probably 10mm its got a few clips on the bottom and on the top on rad support. after you remove the bumper the fenders easy to take out 4 or five bolts on top.... to remove the fender you have to take off the two bolts that hold the bottom of the hood hindge then the fender has 2 bolts on the bottom along with one small bolt inside the fender right where the door opens, just open the door and take the screw out through there. remove the fender liner clips and your done...
Monday, February 20, 2006 10:54 AM
awesome thanks, i am going to try it sometime this week, i did notice that it looked like their were some bolts at the bottome under the side skirt?their isnt right?
Monday, February 20, 2006 4:11 PM
here is what i do when i get a cavy
remove the hood
headlights
bumper
fender liners
rocker moldings if it has any
then the fender

can i haz bondo
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search