ecotec tail lights - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ecotec tail lights
Sunday, February 19, 2006 2:10 PM
I don't like the eco's tail lights, the big ass red stretch in the back, so I was wondering if I took it out, can I spray paint it black (color of my car), like where there's no lights. Just the mid piece though. And if i do, what kind of paint would I be looking for?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2208703

Re: ecotec tail lights
Sunday, February 19, 2006 2:24 PM
Replace your trunk with a 05-02 trunk.
Sunday, February 19, 2006 2:30 PM
. that is on all 03-05 cavs. if you take it off, theres holes behind it. either get the rksport filler piece or get a 95-02 lid

Sunday, February 19, 2006 2:32 PM
So I can't take it off to paint it?
Wow didn't know a 95-02 trunk would fit an Eco.
Where can I find the rksport filler piece?

Thanks by the way.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2208703
Sunday, February 19, 2006 3:04 PM
You can take it off to paint it. The filler piece can be found at RkSport

Also, Sunfire's also came with the Eco in that year range, fortunately, people knew which car you were talking about based on your description of the filler panel.

The trunk lid is the same from 95+ Cavaliers.... the only difference is the filler panel used on 03+ (where GM drilled holes to mount it).

As for the type of paint, automotive paint that matches the paint code found under the spare tire cover.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 3:04 PM
an ecotec isnt a different cavalier. it just has the ecotec motor thats all. the body is still the same as the rest. the filler can be bought from either rksport, from karo at Car Customs, i believe jason at A+ sells them. i know eazy is selling a brand new one in the northeast forum

Sunday, February 19, 2006 3:27 PM
I think he is asking if he can paint the reflector? If so.. yes.

As for what paint? i'm not sure.. I had a shop do it. It cost me somewhere between $100-$150 to do it. (I had other work done too that was bundled in the price so i'm not sure exactly how much just the reflector cost to paint)

Sunday, February 19, 2006 11:55 PM
I think I'm putting mine on the auction block cause A) they will never see my car again B) I am either gonna get a Solstice or a 66 Nova if I total the Ecotec.

I'm with stupid!>>>>>>Of coarse, sometimes I feel like turining those arrows the other way and saying I'm stupid!
Monday, February 20, 2006 12:32 AM
mysticillusions wrote:I think I'm putting mine on the auction block cause A) they will never see my car again B) I am either gonna get a Solstice or a 66 Nova if I total the Ecotec.

Monday, February 20, 2006 1:03 AM
That look is the exact reason why I would! It confuses people!

I'm with stupid!>>>>>>Of coarse, sometimes I feel like turining those arrows the other way and saying I'm stupid!
Monday, February 20, 2006 4:14 AM
none of your post make sense

Monday, February 20, 2006 5:46 AM
Josh just welded those holes shut on mine and its getting painted in a couple weeks.
Thanks Josh !

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Monday, February 20, 2006 4:05 PM
My post? I was just saying that I was gonna sell my ecotec stock tails because they would never go back on my car even in the situation that it might be totalled because I am the kind of person that has never wanted to own the same make car twice

Sunday, February 26, 2006 10:44 AM
they are not "ecotec" tails. They are 03-05 cavalier tails.

Ecotec is just the engine inside your car.

My 2002 has an ecotec and does not have that style tail light.

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up? Definitely optional."
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search