I HATE LAMBOS!!! - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I HATE LAMBOS!!!
Saturday, February 18, 2006 12:10 PM
OMG so this weekend i was just tooling around in my car and i stopped at the gas station to get some gas. I get out of my car and put my door up like normal then all the sudden CRASH!!!!!!!!!!! MY shock in the door broke..AGAIN!! Thats the second time!
I got the kit from REDRUM so I call them and they give me the # for the manufacturer
The manufac. told me that the shocks are only under a 6mo warrenty. Sounds like they know they sell pieces of s!!t shocks.. Anyways my question is does anyone know where i can get some good shocks for my lambos that
a) won't break
b) won't cost me an arm and a liver
c) has a life time warrenty

Re: I HATE LAMBOS!!!
Saturday, February 18, 2006 12:44 PM
Try MMS, he's got something going on in the GP. I've only had to replace one shock and the new one's holding up pretty good.

* Student of the Univeristy of Oklahoma. Go Sooners!
Saturday, February 18, 2006 1:01 PM
You get what you pay for............

And RHDCavfire and me always get laughed at when we tell people how much we paid for ours........never had any type of failures on ours.

Saturday, February 18, 2006 1:43 PM
Flip we all here at jbody realize that you are superior to all, every lambo post i have ever seen you are always downing peoples doors, i think we all get the idea that you dont like doors that dont open 90 degrees or more. Why dont you keep your opinion to yourself everybody gets the F'ing idea.. not all of us can afford to garage our cars and do all the mods you have.
Saturday, February 18, 2006 1:56 PM
Jared purdom wrote:Flip we all here at jbody realize that you are superior to all, every lambo post i have ever seen you are always downing peoples doors, i think we all get the idea that you dont like doors that dont open 90 degrees or more. Why dont you keep your opinion to yourself everybody gets the F'ing idea.. not all of us can afford to garage our cars and do all the mods you have.

Ok... but in his defense, he answered the posted question.

Jared purdom wrote:Anyways my question is does anyone know where i can get some good shocks for my lambos that
a) won't break
b) won't cost me an arm and a liver
c) has a life time warrenty

He's not putting you down so dont get so upset. The problem with your question is that there is no such thing as a life time warranty and anything worth doing is worth doing the right way. We may have answers that sound cliche, but it's the truth.

Your best bet without buying the Speedway kit is to take your struts, take lb and length measurements and go to a strut manufacturer.

Saturday, February 18, 2006 2:41 PM
lol jared, i second what you said, anyhow back on topic, i would also try the GP for the shocks, he had problems in the beginning with his first batch of shocks, but has since fixed it and to date everyone is happy. I would go with Joe at MMS. but the thing on flip was pretty funny.

Saturday, February 18, 2006 3:04 PM
I hate them to, I just don't see all the rave about them.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Saturday, February 18, 2006 4:00 PM
brian's right. you get what you pay for. everyone now a day is too cheap to spend money and this is what happens.

Saturday, February 18, 2006 4:31 PM
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]brian's right. you get what you pay for. everyone now a day is too cheap to spend money and this is what happens.

x2

ps - sell your lambos to me

Saturday, February 18, 2006 5:21 PM
Then dont buy @!#$ing inferior products and come bitching on here about it. How many @!#$ing "my lambo door shocks broke" posts are there? About 234278490327490. What does that tell you about the kits out there that 95% of jbody owners are buying............?

Saturday, February 18, 2006 5:31 PM
Z2FLIP4 wrote:About 234278490327490.

Come on, I dont think you even counted. Cause I came up with 234278490327491.

Saturday, February 18, 2006 5:41 PM
Well when more people have a kit then there are bound to be more problems. How many people own the kit you have Z2FLIP4? And then how many people have the kit that MMS has going for another GP? You're bound to hear problems when so many people have the kit, it just seems like everyone has to post when they do have a problem.

* Student of the Univeristy of Oklahoma. Go Sooners!
Saturday, February 18, 2006 5:51 PM
you may hear more problems because more people have them..true, BUT if you get "234278490327490" (HAHAHA, nice number btw) of whatever kit you have and 234278490327490 of flip and RHD's kit, i doubt you'll end up with the same number of "problems" from both sides.

Saturday, February 18, 2006 5:54 PM
Quote:

How many people own the kit you have Z2FLIP4?

Its not really a kit, the hinges are made when you order them, not mass produced.

Theres 4 jbody owners that I know of

Myself
RHD
Mull
and some other dude I talked to

I just dont see why so many people cut corners on @!#$ty parts to save money when they fail and end up costing more to replace or buy a whole new part. I mean come-on, his failed TWICE

Saturday, February 18, 2006 6:06 PM
my passenger side shock crashed on me from REDRUM to messed my fender,sideskit,and chipped the paint just about everywhere possible.. i mean for crist sake the passenger side.. that dont get used as much as my driver side door. but they replace it. Well i take that back the shock didn't collapse i the little swivl cup to bottom of the shock does into fell through...
Sunday, February 19, 2006 11:25 AM
i agree with you all...

you get what you pay for 9 times out of 10!

thats goes with anything in life really!

Sunday, February 19, 2006 3:45 PM
In defense for the price thing "you get what you pay for"..... My kit originally cost $1500, and now i have a dead 80 pound door because they dont make the @!#$ struts anymore

Sunday, February 19, 2006 3:49 PM
i have the gt factory 90 degrees universal kit and i use my car daily it the shocks works great
Sunday, February 19, 2006 3:56 PM
hey zflip how much were your lambos if you dont mind answering

for sale pm me or e-mail me for details
Sunday, February 19, 2006 4:03 PM
i think he paid 900 just for 1 hinge

Sunday, February 19, 2006 8:38 PM
Hey Z2FLIP4...can you post a video of opening the door? I would like to see if the door is solid or if they are a little flimsy when opening. Thanks in advance.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 8:59 PM
I paid 750 for mine. Other side is a custom suicide hinge.

The car has no doors right now. The entire car is stripped with the exception of the motor and subframe components. Even all the wiring is out of the car, its nothing but an empty shell.

But I just got word that my Toyota Cavalier firewall is on its way.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 9:44 PM
I just want to let you know that Speedway will only make the hinge for the cars they want to make the for. They even came out and told me they are not going to make these for just anyone. You car has to a be at a level they want before ordering. Trust me I should know.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 10:37 PM
theres a reason why one part is seemingly the same thing and is a lot more money...its not cuz they are greedy!! radical mods cost radical dollars! if you dont like it, stick to boltons.

this useless post brought to you by the alcoholic known as LUNDiS

Monday, February 20, 2006 7:45 AM
im just wainting for one of these doors to come down on someones legs. so many times at shows i see people cruising around with the doors up and thir leg out the door and i wonder if the door has enough oomph to take the leg off or just crush it........

to many people are cheap and want the easy way out. when i can't afford an item i do something called saving up to get the quality piece instead of going with something cheap.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search