window tinting - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
window tinting
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 9:43 AM
I'm lookin to get my windows tinted... was just wonderin if anyone else has gotten theirs done this time of year.. have you had any problems? i dont know if the cold/salt/ect would effect it at alll. comments, suggestions? wait until spring or go for it now?

slowly but surely...

Re: window tinting
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 9:54 AM
I would wait, I just had a friend who had his done here in Michigan and he has had nothing but problems with it. I don't even know why the tint place bothered, as now they have to redo the majority of it.

Personal opinion though.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 1:47 PM
it wont be a problem. you just cant roll the windows down for like 2-3 days after you get them tinted though

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 2:39 PM
I just got mine done maybe 2 weeks ago. It popped up in a couple places about 2 days after i got it done, but I took it back, they pushed them all down properly and nothing else has popped up. Cold affects the glue on it, but if your heat is going to be on all the time it warms it up anyways.
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 3:26 PM
Get your tint done on Saturday, and have them keep it in their heated shop until Monday (if you trust them to keep it in there)

I got a tint job on my Explorer after Thankgiving. It was nice and cold then. Took weeks for the bubbles to come out. I still have some about ¼" in size present. Pry have the tinter redo it since it is lifetime warranty.
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 3:34 PM
If you go to a quality shop to have them tinted, you won't have any problems, they have heated bays and heat guns. You should wait more than 3 days though if it is cold where you are, because heat helps the tint bond.

The tint done on the kandy green cav was done when there was about 5 inches of snow on the ground , and never had a problem with that one either.

j

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 3:39 PM
Mine were done this time last year. I never had any problems but in the winter it takes longer for it to stick. I didn't roll my window down for about a week. What % do you want? Tint is on the inside of the window so you don't have to worry about salt or anything like that.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 6:09 PM
Thank for all the feedback, I dont know what % I want yet...
I know I trust the place, but I can't really be without the car for 3 days like that, so I guess I'll see about their warranty, and if its lifetime, I'll get it done because if anything goes wrong I can have them fix it
Thanks again

slowly but surely...

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 10:02 PM
I had my passanger window tinted a few months ago, it was really cold, and it came out fine. But I also moved across the country and drove it with the heat blasting for 25 hours, so maybe that made a differance.
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 12:27 AM
I am going to get mine done on saturday! already have the appt. they guy gaurantees it for a lifetime. if there is any problems he will fix it.
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 9:01 AM
Alicia Cressey wrote:Thank for all the feedback, I dont know what % I want yet...
I know I trust the place, but I can't really be without the car for 3 days like that, so I guess I'll see about their warranty, and if its lifetime, I'll get it done because if anything goes wrong I can have them fix it
Thanks again

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search