Spoiler Gasket - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Spoiler Gasket
Monday, January 23, 2006 11:14 PM
Got a good question . . . Does anyone know where I can get the actual mounting bolts & gaskets for my Supra Spoiler? When it was shipped to me, the box had these big holes on the side of the boxes for handles (I'm guessing), and appearently the bolts fell out. Well, there were no gaskets either. When I had it installed, the body shop guy put a temp one on there that will hold, but its not actual and doesn't look all that right. All these sites that sell the spoiler say about the mounting bolts & gaskets, but don't mention a contact e-mail address or about getting these seperately.

Anyone have any idea how I could get these?

Re: Spoiler Gasket
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 8:42 AM
I would get in touch with who ever you bought it from.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 9:29 AM
I did before and he doesn't have them. I bought them from an .org member. (Thanks Shaun! ). Thats why I have to look elsewhere, but I'm kinda running out of places.
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 9:34 AM
Try your local hardware store and use the Autozone cut -your-own gasket stuff.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 9:36 AM
Will that actually work? Cause the spoiler is supposed to have a "spongy-type material". I don't know all that much about gaskets either, so I wasn't sure if they were the same.
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 9:56 AM
I imagine you're trying to put something between the spoiler where it mounts to the trunk?

I recommend going to Autozone and just using 3M double sided tape, it's black with red covering you peel off. Attach it to the spoiler base,cut around it, then remove backing, bolt down onto car.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 10:15 AM
Alright, so it doesn't have to be a specific gasket then? At the current moment, there is this water sealing strip caulk that under the spoiler. Its black, and works good. Would that be fine to keep on? Or should I change it to the tape or something else?
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 10:41 AM
If it looks good, seals the trunk from water, it's fine in my opinion.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search