Windshield Banners - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Windshield Banners
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 7:26 AM
Just wondering who all has 2 windshield banners on their front glass, one up top and one on the bottom? I love the look of them, but just worried about screwing up the bottom one if i need my wipers. Or should I just put one up top on the front, and one on the back? thanks for the input

Re: Windshield Banners
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 7:33 AM
Well you need to check your local laws first as some states limit the amount of windshield that can be covered. It would suck to get your custom banners made up just to be pulling them off that night with the po po watching you.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 3:40 PM
If you are doing it in vinyl, the wipers will take a toll on them. Looks bad IMO to, just get it tinted.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 5:52 PM
i have a banner up top and bottom.....i myself love the look also....check my profile to see a pic. hope their big enough. i just got loucky to find a strip up top that was so closely matched to my exterior color. i say go for it.

ClassGlass / RkSport / Eibach / Motegi / Ractive / Borla / K&N

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 6:13 PM
off topic, but there was a vw at the world of wheels show here that had a "modified" vinyl across the middle of the windshield.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 12:05 PM
cee-lobluz24: Have you ever used your wipers and tore the banner up? If it was raining out, would it really tear the banner up since the windshield would be wet and the wiper blades would be wet? I may just end up putting one on the front and one on the back. But i do love the look of an upper and lower banner.
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 12:08 PM
If you only use your wipers when the windshield is wet, your banners should be ok... When the windshield is dry, that's when you could tear the banners.

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 12:32 PM
I just removed my banner, the letters were starting to peel up, in multible parts.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 1:03 PM
I dont have letters but i have an 11 inch piece of black vinyl across the top of my windows, and from the wipers going across it you can see were the color started to dull, but never lifted up and it has been there for 3 years now.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 4:39 PM
cool, well jason, i'm putting my A+ banner up top, then i'm probably gonna put my club banner down below. I didn't use my wipers much last season, so i should be ok. thanks for the help
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 5:07 PM
jake: no problems at all......i've had mine since 2001. but i do keep my car in storage,and i also wax my windshield whenever i wash and wax my car. i've been caqught in rain and no problems. i say you should be fine.....but if you do go with a lower banner just have it laid so your wipers actually rest on it rather than start up on it. thats my opinion.....i think youll be fine.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 5:13 PM
Unless youre sponsored by the company or belong to a carclub, I think theyre ghey.

I had mine on for a year before my car went into the bodyshop and now has no windows in it, but in that time I had no problems with discoloration or peeling. You need to get high end vinyl if you get one.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 5:19 PM
Bolt...there were a few folks doing that at Grove last year, but after the show they pulled them off. I'd make the assumption it was more of a cling than an actual banner.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 5:27 PM
jake: go head and git er done.....lol.. i think when done right, banners are very tasteful to the eye. just dont overdo em.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 5:37 PM
I have one at the bottom of my widnsheild, i like it more then the top. I ahve no problems in wet, dry, frozen or snow. The only time it has issues with when I use the ice scraper over it. But you should be fine.

"Louis, you better watch who you call a child. Because if I'm a child,
that makes you a pedafile, and I'm not gonna stand here and argue
with a pervert" -- Peter Griffin
Thursday, January 26, 2006 9:54 AM
i have one on the top and i have had no problems with the wipers goin over it, its my DD so it sees a good bit of weather here in PA, the only thing is i wont use an ice scrapper over it, i just let it melt off the banner

Thursday, January 26, 2006 10:32 AM
i got one on top, and no probs at all. still looks as good as it did when i slapped her on. and i live in wisconsin!

Thursday, January 26, 2006 7:20 PM
ok, so i'm gonna get my club banner on the bottom, and my aplus banner up top (my sponsor.) should i get my club banner laid under the wipers, or just above the wipers? I think it would look better above.
Friday, January 27, 2006 10:16 PM
Be sure to check your state laws before you use a windshield banner.

Tach Out Motorsports
Option D Inc.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search