installing underglow, and a white face guage - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
installing underglow, and a white face guage
Monday, January 23, 2006 8:44 AM
i have an optix underglow kit made by streetglow and i wanted to wire it into my old fog light switch, and i was wondering where i should run the wires through.
i also have a white face guage face and i was wondering if anyone had the wiring diagram for the dimmer switch. i did a search for both and really didnt come up with anything, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: installing underglow, and a white face guage
Monday, January 23, 2006 9:03 AM
Is this the optix kit from advance auto parts? If so, I feel sorry for ya, when I worked for them, we would take back 3-5 a month and normally thats all we sold.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Monday, January 23, 2006 11:03 AM
I have the same kit on may cavy and have never had a problem with them other than my stupidity when i hit a curb and broke a bulb. But other than that, no problems.
Monday, January 23, 2006 12:05 PM
for the dimmer, the power is the grey wire i beleive, but check a service manual

Monday, January 23, 2006 7:24 PM
grey wire
awesome thanx ill get on that tommarrow
and with the neons how should i run them

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 5:31 PM
will my white face guages blow the fuse in my dimmer switch or not i was told it might

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 6:50 PM
Fire Fighter wrote:Is this the optix kit from advance auto parts? If so, I feel sorry for ya, when I worked for them, we would take back 3-5 a month and normally thats all we sold.

I work for them now and we hardly ever take any back.. but we also hardly sell them.. and the few I know we sold have all come back. I bought one because Pep Boys had them on sale so I got our manager to price match it and then I got my discount on top of it. I installed the front tube (was waiting to get some side skirts before I installed the rest because otherwise it would've been visible and I hate that). I had it on the car for 3 months and the tube burned out. I took the whole kit back and exchanged it for a bunch of other stuff.

The other Optix stuff isn't bad (ie: the interior tubes 12" and up), but yeah, those undercar kits aren't the best in the world.

My Car Domain Page

Thursday, January 26, 2006 7:10 PM
well about the white face guages i hooked up to the dimmer

and well to make a long story short i was driving down the road and hit a slight bump and everything shorted out and when i say everything i mean everything hvac, dashboard lights, fog lights, and dome light
omg im scared that i messed something up
i checked all fuses -------------they are ok
checked my wiring -------------they are ok

the hvac just turned out to be a burnt fuse------------fixed that
the domelight was just a burnt fuse--------------------fixed that

and still no dashboard lights!
and turns out my fuel lines are in the way for my third neon tube so just another damn pothole in my life

does anybody have any ideas on how to fix my problems
pleaz help

Thursday, January 26, 2006 7:26 PM
wow man that really sucks... I was gonna suggest the grey wire and tap in to the factory ground for the gauges. That's what I did with my Speedhut gauges on a 00 Z24 and I've had em there since Sept. Sorry man, I can't really help w/ the rest.

Thursday, January 26, 2006 9:05 PM
I had a red optx kit on my car for 3 years and it never burned out. The only reason i got rid of mine was that i got sick of them, never used them anymore. Most of the problems with the kits are people's wiring stupidity. Alot of people don't know how to wire up electronics and take shortcuts that shouldn't be taken. If you are gonna install them, take the time to install it right.
Friday, January 27, 2006 9:22 AM
i have had my optx kit about 4 years on my car and all bulbs still work even after i had 3 wreacks they all seem fine to me

__________________--------------------------____________________
Team: NONE RIGHT NOW
Sponsored By: Pro Trucks
Work Being Done By: creative customs
Stuff for Sell:

Friday, January 27, 2006 7:52 PM
damn well i ran my white face guages to the factory gray and factory ground so i dont know what happened
car is dead and im considering loosing the underbodies for now
and im gettin rid of the guages
too much work for them aand the dont even match the rest of my interior
so whatever you know im just worried about getting it fixed

Saturday, January 28, 2006 9:10 PM
Corsica Dude wrote:wow man that really sucks... I was gonna suggest the grey wire and tap in to the factory ground for the gauges. That's what I did with my Speedhut gauges on a 00 Z24 and I've had em there since Sept. Sorry man, I can't really help w/ the rest.

hey i just took the guages out and i got power back so im good now
but now i dont know what to do with my white face guages
oh well ill keep them i guess
but now where do i tap in my underglow?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search