Newer front end - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Newer front end
Monday, January 23, 2006 11:01 AM
I was wondering, and im sure someone has tried this before, is it possible to put the 03 to 05 cavy front and rear ends on an 02 cavy? From looking at them side by side, it looks doable, it looks like everything should work. Correct me if im wrong.

Re: Newer front end
Monday, January 23, 2006 11:03 AM
yes doable straight boltup.

Monday, January 23, 2006 12:08 PM
i should be able to keep my original front fenders, right
Monday, January 23, 2006 12:19 PM
yup, same fenders, youll need headlights, hood and front bumper.

ps - i have a set of 03-05 headlights, 03-05 carbon fiber hood and a 03 rear bumper for sale if interested.

Monday, January 23, 2006 5:21 PM
I don't know how it is on a 02 but its not a straight boltup on a 97. I had to shave the front fender mounting brackets back a little, drill and tap holes for the bumper L brackets to mount, relocate the hood latch, and the wheel well liners didn't line up so i removed them. Had to drill new holes to mount the sides of the front bumper to the fender. My suggestion. Get the hood latch setup off an 03. Because it won't line up without a lot of modifying (trust me, mine finally did after 5 tries). Be prepared to make modifications. That's if you want it to look like it belongs there.
Monday, January 23, 2006 6:23 PM
Oh man, if you werent all the way across the continent, I would SOOO swap front ends with you. Silver to Silver, z to z. Man, what a perfect swap that would be

Monday, January 23, 2006 6:53 PM
Red Alert wrote:I don't know how it is on a 02 but its not a straight boltup on a 97. I had to shave the front fender mounting brackets back a little, drill and tap holes for the bumper L brackets to mount, relocate the hood latch, and the wheel well liners didn't line up so i removed them. Had to drill new holes to mount the sides of the front bumper to the fender. My suggestion. Get the hood latch setup off an 03. Because it won't line up without a lot of modifying (trust me, mine finally did after 5 tries). Be prepared to make modifications. That's if you want it to look like it belongs there.

ya, but he has an 00-02 so it will be fine. im swaping my 03 to the 00-02 currently, and everything matches perfect.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 4:20 AM
That would be tight, but nothing ever works out like that, but anywayz, how much for the front end, Eazy Ent. (716). Also if i wanted, should i just get a body kit for an 03 to 05 and the after market hood and just buy factory headlights? I like the body kits for you alls cars better. That should work also, right?
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 5:13 AM
^^^^^^you have a PM

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 10:47 AM
What about the body kit question?
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 10:53 AM
are you asking our opinion on getting a body kit?

im kinda confused about the question..

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 11:55 AM
No, if the front ends are pretty much the same, all I should have to do is buy a body kit for a newer car and it should bolt up to my car, with the new headlights of course, right?
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 1:41 PM
right. you can get any 95-05 rear, any 95-05 sides, but will need a 03-05 front, wether its a kit or stock.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 6:16 PM
FYI, all your questions could have been answered by just looking in the Exterior FAQ.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 3:59 AM
Thanks for the help.

P.S. I saw this red 2dr. cavalier in an ad for some body kit and it was an 03 to 05. It had blackish rims and a black or gunmetal looking spoiler. It also has dual exhaust. Have you all seen this car? It has the body kit i want, thanks for any help you all can give me.
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 4:19 AM
www.razzi.com

im pretty sure thats the one your thinking of

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 7:26 AM
Thats the one, thanks alot for the help.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search