Transporting a CF hood? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Transporting a CF hood?
Sunday, January 22, 2006 3:34 PM
I am buying an OEM CF hood off a Local JBO member on here, and we are meeting up this Sat. What would be the best way of getting that puppy home on my leg of the route? I will be bringing a 99 Chevy 1500 work truck with an 8 foot bed that has a cap. Do you think that will be big enough to fit in the bed of the truck? Lots of blankets?

any advice will help. The trip is going to be 2 hrs for both of us to meet up.

Re: Transporting a CF hood?
Sunday, January 22, 2006 3:42 PM
Yeah, that should be fine.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, January 22, 2006 3:45 PM
yeah.. ive put 2 ram air hoods in the back of my buddy's dodge ram bed with a tonnoue cover.. blanket underneath them, put a styrofoam frame between the 2 hoods and had no prob..

Sunday, January 22, 2006 3:46 PM
Are you not driving your car? I would say if you're driving your car, just put it on there.

Sunday, January 22, 2006 4:09 PM
^^ No my car is in storage for winter. lol... she has seen enough winters in her life, so this is the first one she has got to sit in a nice dry and wetness free environment. Now only if it was heated! ... lol.

Sunday, January 22, 2006 4:09 PM
What's he gonna do? Drive there without a hood............lol. Not a good idea

Sunday, January 22, 2006 9:46 PM
^^ and why is it not a good idea? im curious.. i did it, drove by two cop cars, its totally legal..

so why not a good idea?

www.DomesticTuners.com 'The Place To Tune Your Domestic'
Monday, January 23, 2006 4:06 AM
^^well, its not legal in NY, but when i met Cheeter to buy his hood, i transported it in a Jeep Grand Cherokee, and he drove almost 3 hours home with no hood or rear bumper, lol

Monday, January 23, 2006 4:19 AM
Yeah i did the same.. did a 3hr drive down south with my ram air hood on.. then just drove back without a hood also. no problems.. hell i had more people looking at my car with no hood than a white ram air hood on a red car.. Plus without a hood.. tru ram air if u have a intake lmao

Monday, January 23, 2006 8:33 AM
Eazy, it is totally legal in NY

Monday, January 23, 2006 11:07 AM
i new a guy from the bash who took his new hood home by stealing a blanket from the hotel and taped the ish out of the hood ontop of his old hood, and drove it home.

Monday, January 23, 2006 11:29 AM
yea, just the biggest thing is to watch the corners. from what i have seen the corners like to break easy. so just be carful of how you load it. other than that you are set

Monday, January 23, 2006 12:15 PM
I'm getting the hood from SteveH, but even so about driving with my hood off, i can't even bring my car out of the garage lol! So thats not even a possibility of bringing the car out there and slapin it on.

Monday, January 23, 2006 12:16 PM
SteveH wrote:Eazy, it is totally legal in NY

really?? my buddy got pulled over for it, but they didnt ticket him. maybe the cop just wanted to check it out, lol

Monday, January 23, 2006 1:35 PM
more than likely, it is suspicious looking, but my dad is a NY State Trooper and it's not illegal

Monday, January 23, 2006 2:42 PM
^^^thats good to know. thanks..

ps - im coming to you when i need legality questions answered on cars, lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search