which sides would look best? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
which sides would look best?
Sunday, January 22, 2006 5:25 PM
what sides do you think would look better with the street fire front and rear...

1: type j sides

2: import fighter sides

ive seen a lot of people with the type j's and i also like the look of clean door panels, but i cant find IF sides anywhere! (BC2's are a possible option)

what do you all think??

Re: which sides would look best?
Sunday, January 22, 2006 5:35 PM
type j

Sunday, January 22, 2006 5:42 PM
by " i like the look of the clear door panels" i was refering to the IF sides....

i'll also be taking the front and sides off during the winter, so installation and ease of taking them off is important too...

If anyone has pics of a 2door SF kit with IF sides, please post a pic!! ive only seen pics of 4 doors. keep em coming

Sunday, January 22, 2006 5:55 PM
i vote IF....way cleaner than type j...considering your car is so clean now it would be perfect.

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Sunday, January 22, 2006 5:58 PM
The Type-J sides match the Streetfire kit very well, but I've seen some Fires with IF sides on them, and they are very clean looking. Look on the RK websight. There is a Fire done by RK before they made the Streetfire kit. It's not on their websight anymore, but you may be able to find it around on dealers' websites. Is has a stock front bumper with IF sides and it looks very clean.

Sunday, January 22, 2006 7:32 PM
alright, so now i just need to find some IF sides!!! anyone??

Sunday, January 22, 2006 8:00 PM
damm -.- you're still getting the kit from john

Thanks for the sig, Blakout.
Sunday, January 22, 2006 9:03 PM
IF are too plain

Sunday, January 22, 2006 9:12 PM
IF arent low enough, they wont line up with the streetfire bumpers.

Sunday, January 22, 2006 9:44 PM
Z2FLIP4 wrote:IF are too plain

better then gay extreme sides

Sunday, January 22, 2006 10:19 PM
i think they are called extreme, ill find a pic to show u what sides im talking about

Monday, January 23, 2006 4:20 AM
get BC2s.. i love them.. im lookin for IF sides also.. your best bet would just buy em new.. u can get em on SCO and finance em if u have to.. if not off SCO talk to karo.

Monday, January 23, 2006 4:55 AM
thugn$ wrote:

better then gay extreme sides

This is a good man's thread, keep pointless comments like that to yourself.

Anyways Jason, either one would look good, but I'm putting my vote in against the BC2, I've seen alot of cars with those sides and have yet to like one of them. Regardless of the actual quality of how they are made, they look thin and cheap in my opinion (and I ain't painting them! :p)

-- John

Monday, January 23, 2006 10:27 PM

Not taking anything away from what you've done with your car, but everyone doesn't want crazy ass busy sh!t going on with their car. Some people like the subtle, clean approach.

Thursday, January 26, 2006 7:45 PM
Adam (StealthCavalier) wrote:IF arent low enough, they wont line up with the streetfire bumpers.

how far off are they?

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 7:13 PM
anyone?

bc2's difference?

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 9:34 PM
not 2 thread jack but heres a pic of the extreme sides

i agree with Quiklilcav
Quiklilcav wrote:Some people like the subtle, clean approach.

i say go with which ever u like and personally i like all of um but i chose the subtle look on mine and yes it is clean again cuz the flames on my cavy r off now lol!

Thursday, February 02, 2006 4:43 AM
isnt the extreme kit a copy of the evo kit, or vice versa???
they look identical...

Thursday, February 02, 2006 5:04 AM
imo, the extreme sides will sit low enough, but they won't flow with the design of the streetfire front at all. i don't think you're gonna find too many side skirts that don't go up onto the quarter panel that really flow well with it.

personally, i love the look of the type j sides with the streetfire front (obviously).

(shameless plug)

Thursday, February 02, 2006 7:05 PM
you'll just take any chance you get wont ya cannon? HAHAHAHAHAHA just playin w/ya

i like the J's more than the SF sides themselves... however, i really like the clean door panels and would like to avoid removing and retaping the type j's every summer (depending on just how many more i'll have)
those are the two main reasons i would like IF sides

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search