Putting LED's in headlights - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Putting LED's in headlights
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 5:02 PM
I have some left over LED's and I was wondering if I installed one or two of them in my headlights, would this change the color of the light at night? I like having blue lights and i'd like to have the headlight glow blue at night and still project a nice light. If anyone has done this or knows what it would be like i'm curious to know.

1995 Cavalier 2.2 5spd. CAI, muffler, 17" Motegi's

Re: Putting LED's in headlights
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 7:13 PM
it would not change the color at night, the headlight would overwealm the LED light

._____________________________.
Causa latet vis est notissima

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 8:14 PM
This will not change anything when your headlights are on. It will give you a glow in the housing when the LED is on and the headlight is off.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 10:09 PM
Quiklilcav wrote:This will not change anything when your headlights are on. It will give you a glow in the housing when the LED is on and the headlight is off.

what he said i have two red ones in each light and looks cool at night

Thursday, January 05, 2006 12:33 AM
well since u got a 95 i am sure you can get a hold of some of them halo type projector lights and go to pep boys or something and buy them blue-ish colored lights (like the ones that are in stock beemers or something.
Thursday, January 05, 2006 11:49 AM
I had some blue ones in my head lights........ super bright...... and you could 'kinda' see them with the headlights on..... but not from very far away..... looked cool though w/ the lights off.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Thursday, January 05, 2006 12:42 PM
I'd watch out though. The blue lights may kick ass, but cops tend to notice if you specifically have blue lights that are on the outside of the car. Turn signal, LED's, angel eyes, etc.
Thursday, January 05, 2006 6:05 PM
So that means i have a chance on getting pulled over or haveing an extra ticket added on if i have any type of colored angel eyes on my projecters?

Friday, January 06, 2006 1:50 PM
When your headlights are on they will override the leds when they are off they will look like this... [IMG][/IMG]
Friday, January 06, 2006 1:57 PM
wouldn't risk getting in @!#$ with the cops led headlights areant porbly a good idea brake lights and turn lights yes cause there not constantly on and not aimed at the direction ahead of you

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search