Does anyone have the FDR2 body kit? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Does anyone have the FDR2 body kit?
Monday, January 02, 2006 3:03 PM
Does anyone have the FDR2 body kit on their cavalier? I found it on ebay and I'd like to know if anyone has actually bought and mounted one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-96-97-98-99-00-01-02-Chevy-Cavalier-FDR2-Body-Kit_W0QQitemZ8026668964QQcategoryZ36475QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Re: Does anyone have the FDR2 body kit?
Monday, January 02, 2006 3:06 PM
that would be the buddy club 2 kit. usually cheap knock offs rename the kit.

Monday, January 02, 2006 3:13 PM
I contacted Buddy Club for a price. How much difficulty is encountered actually mounting the kit. I'm thinking about doing this in about a month.
Monday, January 02, 2006 3:16 PM
depends on the quality. fiberglass kits usually take a little bit of work to fit but not much. usually cheaper kits dont have as many layers of fiberglass as it should and also they usually have thin spots in them. i personally would never buy a kit from ebay. contact jason at aplusperformace.com he'll be able to help you if he has any in stock

Monday, January 02, 2006 3:26 PM
I greatly appreciate the information
Monday, January 02, 2006 3:59 PM
lol who names a kit after a president?

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Monday, January 02, 2006 4:04 PM
i bought the knockoff BC2 kit from jason. it arrived with many cracks...my bodyguy JUST painted it this weekend. dont know about fitment yet....

this useless post brought to you by the alcoholic known as LUNDiS

Monday, January 02, 2006 4:11 PM
why didnt you send it back? jason is great w/ customer service

Monday, January 02, 2006 4:12 PM
and you didn't fit it before getting it painted?

Monday, January 02, 2006 4:14 PM
From what I remember I believe Lundis' kit arrived with the small cracks from shipping... Most should have been easy fixes, rather than the hassle of trying to get the vendor to ship another.

Fitment on the BC2 kits from Wayson USA have been near perfect. Probably the best fitting fiberglass "knock-off" kit out there.

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Monday, January 02, 2006 4:21 PM
i got my buddy club 2 from jason, it was near perfect.... the front took alittle trimming of the crush panel, and the sides and rear went on with ease... def will be buying from jason again

http://www.cardomain.com/id/oyyci
http://photobucket.com/albums/d170/Oyyci/

Monday, January 02, 2006 6:22 PM
Mine has the same cracks, kind of pisses me off I know its not Jason's fault though. Ill fix them but if I was planning on putting it strait on the car I would be kinda mad.

lundis wrote:i bought the knockoff BC2 kit from jason. it arrived with many cracks...my bodyguy JUST painted it this weekend. dont know about fitment yet....

15.71 @ 87.9mph 9-17-05
Monday, January 02, 2006 9:12 PM
I got the BC2 from A+ actually my buddy got it from A+ but sold his car before he ever did anythign with the kit so I have it... 2 small cracks in the rear, the fitment of the rear is pretay crappy, its gonna take alot of work, the way it was molded it almost seems liek the bottom edges flare outwards so the brackets don't line up right, one one side the vent is liek an inch farther forward then the other side, one sid eyou can actually see the bumper bracket cause the vent almost over hangs it, the sides seem to fit nicely haven't touched the front, its still wrapped up, its not for my year so I won't be using it. I would recomend just going with the actual buddy club 2 kit

Monday, January 02, 2006 9:38 PM
I wouldnt really suggest getting the one from Import Trenz either because the fitment takes some work. Actually I am STILL working on it lol. I may finish it tomarrow though if all goes well. If not tomarrow then possibly on wednesday. We will see what happens I guess. I just hope with all of this cutting and refiberglassing it still looks like the same bumper anyways goodluck finding one that fits good. It may be a while before a really good quality kit comes out because they will have to make adjustments on the mold. I would really suggest just getting one from the actual makers of the BC2 kit when it comes out from them. Goodluck.

Thanks
Shaun
www.ShowStopperTuning.com

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 3:23 PM
The quoted price from Buddy Club is $599 so I shall have to wait and see. After all of your posts though I think I will pay the premium to get the real body kit.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search