Sunroof Problems - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sunroof Problems
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 8:36 PM
I just noticed this, as it happened last night.

The sunroof was working fine all day, opening, closing, whatever. Now, when night came, and it got a little colder (dipped into the 40's), I noticed a "clicking" noise whenever the roof was vented. I pressed the button again to open it and it went back without a problem. So I went to the store, came back, and it only vented (same click). I pressed it again, and I could hear the motor trying to push the sunroof, but nada. Hit it again, same... hmm... I pressed close and it didn't move. wtf? I pressed close again and I hear the same "click" and it closes. Hmm... thought it was a coincidence, so I tried it again, same results...

I gave up, and called it a night. Next morning (mid 40's), for kicks I tried to open it again. Bah, same clicking and only venting.

At lunch (when it was warmer out, about 70's) I tried the sunroof, and IT WORKED LIKE NORMAL! WTF? Open, close, everything works. I dunno what's up. When I got off work, I opened it again, and It clicks, but opens.

Any ideas? I don't know jack about sunroofs....

Re: Sunroof Problems
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 7:59 AM
that happened to mine somewhat so i dropped the headliner down and there was a red plastic button type thing that was half out and it spun with the motor....i dunno i pushed it in and it worked fine after that..i dont know if it helps you but it is worth a try

www.cardomain.com/id/pondsz24
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 2:54 PM
dont keep pushing the button! Mine was doing htat and I blew the motor. I still need to bring it to the dealership to get replaced, if its under warranty then just bring it in.

"Louis, you better watch who you call a child. Because if I'm a child,
that makes you a pedafile, and I'm not gonna stand here and argue
with a pervert" -- Peter Griffin
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 5:52 PM
It's working now... hmm.... thanks for the advise man about pushing the button. It hasn't stuck on me since I made the initial post

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search