CF, special treatment when washing? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
CF, special treatment when washing?
Sunday, December 11, 2005 11:52 AM
I ordered a CF VIS Evo hood, and so I was wondering, when I wash it, do I need to do anything special? All I know is that if it swirls it is never removable, and I was told to use as hot water as possible...

Anything else?

Hi

Re: CF, special treatment when washing?
Sunday, December 11, 2005 6:57 PM
im listining

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Sunday, December 11, 2005 7:25 PM
I got a CF hood a couple months ago, I took it off now for winter, but i never washed it any different than the rest of the car. Washed it with the hose and bucket at my house a few times and at the self serve car wash and everything was fine. I have never heard anything about washing it different. I just keep it clean and waxed.

But I could be wrong I don't know a lot about it. i would like to know if there is better way to do it too.
Sunday, December 11, 2005 7:44 PM
Silver Z wrote:I got a CF hood a couple months ago, I took it off now for winter, but i never washed it any different than the rest of the car. Washed it with the hose and bucket at my house a few times and at the self serve car wash and everything was fine. I have never heard anything about washing it different. I just keep it clean and waxed.

But I could be wrong I don't know a lot about it. i would like to know if there is better way to do it too.

he is correct, treat it liek the rest of the car... and the swirl marks.... it IS removable if you know how to wax a car right

Monday, December 12, 2005 6:22 PM
Right, thanks!

Hi

Monday, December 12, 2005 9:41 PM
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 6:27 PM
you can still buff out swirl marks in CF just like any other part of the car.I buff cars everyday and we have done cf hoods with no problem.And i buffed my old 98 cav JSP hood a few times and no problem.
later James

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 6:43 PM
Sorry to change the subject. But Dave what brand is that OEM cf hood?I was looking at one at A+ perfomance for my 04
thanks james

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search